March 2014 Moms

WWYD? MIL pierced baby's ears

Re: WWYD? MIL pierced baby's ears

• Holy Christmas shit.....this is frickin insane. I agree with everyone here.
    Some sort of action needs to be taken with this ridiculous woman...
  • I.... What.... How.... I haven't even clicked the thread yet but the very thought makes me consider physical violence. :-O

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom is still pissed at her old next-door neighbour who was watching me when I was 5 and cut my haircut (granted it was an awful cut).

If someone pierced my kids ears, cops would be called, assault charges would be filed, and that person would not see my kid for years!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FTM here too and I haven't read the article, but I can tell you if anyone pierced my child's ears without my permission I would make a path of fury on my way to them. Agreed with PPs the cops would have to be called not just for them, but probably for me too.

• FTM here too...

OMG! I second @farmboyswife, cops would have been called if for no other reason than to keep me from prison! Fortunately, my H would have more to say to his mother than "you're wrong!" By the time he got done with her, MIL would have been in tears and asking whether she would have supervised access to my child before she graduated from high school!

There are no words, just incoherent cursing that comes to mind over this situation!
  • This is unbelievable. She would never see my child again. She has to have some sort of mental disorder to think this was ok to do but to make it worse, a DIY? OMG I'd kill her.

• That woman is bsc. I would never let her near my child again and I would certainly not forgive her for this. 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• I would also have the cops involved.

However, to play devil's advocate, based on the OPs English skills and the comments about grandma completely raising other grandchildren, this "boundary" for MIL is probably not like the ones we have in our own relationships. And that her H made MIL feel bad, but it sounds like just a conversation.

Not to excuse what she did. Authorities would still be involved. But I just have a hard time even imagining being close to a situation like this.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Jesus. I'm going to try hard to pretend I never read that because I'm pretty sure I'll have a hard enough time leaving my daughter with anyone for the first time even without worrying that they'd pierce her goddamn ears. Wtf lady, why not a tattoo while you're at it!
  • I'd call the motha truckin police.

BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • I would also call the police and she wouldn't see me or my baby ever again.
  • I wouldn't call the cops, but they would lose any unsupervised visits with my kid. I'd flip shit and let them have it. My Dh's family holds a grudge over the stupidest things, I would give them one to hold onto. I would absolutely freak!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I would definitely call the cops, see if there were any charges I could press, and never allow that woman around my kids again. That is beyond crossing a line. Beyond. I don't even have words.
  • Literally could only read through the first 5 comments. My blood pressure was getting to an unhealthy number thinking about it!

• I'd be beyond pissed! There's no way I'd be leaving my child with that person unsupervised ever again!

Anniversary

• I'd flip my shit.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• RedInLoveRedInLove member
    edited December 2013
    I'd be chasing my MIL down with my Glock 19.

Or I'd file charges and request a restraining order. Seriously. That just baffles me that anyone would do that.

(ETA: And sorry for crashing your board, I meant to go to May and must have clicked on March by accident.)

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • OMG and in the comments someone mentions the story of a new mom walking in on her MIL dry breast feeding LO...couldn't find the original post but OMG
    Pregnancy Ticker

• When I googled it though I found several horror stories of MIL "breast suckling" babies OMG wtf

OMG and in the comments someone mentions the story of a new mom walking in on her MIL dry breast feeding LO...couldn't find the original post but OMG

Pregnancy Ticker

• When I googled it though I found several horror stories of MIL "breast suckling" babies OMG wtf

OMG and in the comments someone mentions the story of a new mom walking in on her MIL dry breast feeding LO...couldn't find the original post but OMG

Holy shhhiiiittttt! I have to stop reading this crap...I'm sure my blood pressure is through the roof right now!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"