Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Potty Training - Waterproof Pants

So DD is 3 years 2 months.  She has been day potty trained for well over a year now.  Husband and I decided that after the 1st of the year we want to night time train her.  There are mornings her pull up is dry and there are mornings where it is wet.  I have these potty training "underpants" that are plastic like, however i'm not sure how they work.  Can anyone give me some insight to that?  I thought about just putting her in underwear and letting her wet the bed until she gets the hang of it...but had second thoughts on if that would actually work or not. Thoughts/suggestions? 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Potty Training - Waterproof Pants

• Options
    You can't really night time train - especially a 3 year old. It's a completely different level of development that most kids aren't ready for even when they are day trained. I wouldn't stop using a diaper at night unless she really is upset by it OR she is dry most of the time. Not half or some, most. Changing sheets and PJs in the middle of the night is a PITA. 

You can encourage her by always peeing before bed, limiting liquids at the end of the day and maybe even taking her to the bathroom before you go to bed, but that's about it. 
    All of this.  She'll let you know when she's ready; not the other way around.  My DD was dry every day for a month before I switched her out of a pull-up at night.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"