2nd Trimester

App to hear heartbeat

The is an app called my baby beat ... You put your phone (in airplane mode) to your belly and you can hear the heartbeat. Can also record and share. It worked for me at 11 week 5 days although it isn't supposed to til later.
Enjoy;)

Re: App to hear heartbeat

• No. Definitely not. We used it in the dr office because he is the one who told us about it ... And also there is a sample of the mother and of the baby. My heartrate is not 160bpm.

May not work for everyone but it did for me.
  • Is it bad that the conspiracy theorist part of me wonders if the app is programmed to randomly play back a "heartbeat" without needing to pick something up? It just seems odd that a cell phone/iPad microphone could pick up a baby's heartbeat while still in the ute, especially at early stages when heartbeats can be difficult to find with a standard doppler. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

::considers getting the app to try on my non-pregnant belly::
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I find It odd that a DR would use an iPhone app to get the heartbeat. Or even recommend it. My DR didn't want me to buy a Doppler til after he found the heartbeat first at 14 weeks. And he would definitely not tell me to use an app.
  • icelandsurficelandsurf member
    edited December 2013
    Maybe you are right, maybe the app is bullshit.
    Not sure why you all must be so hateful and negative - i was simply sharing something i found and thought maybe others would be excited about.

Use your own judgment. I dont really care.

Merry christmas to you!

• icelandsurficelandsurf member
    edited December 2013
  • edited December 2013
    The app does work but meant for the third trimester and even then it's difficult to catch the heart beat. Takes a ton if patience, silence and you being completely still to find it.

FYI it's only a few dollars to buy but we only tried it maybe 5 times. I don't see a DR using it though. It picks up every sound in the room and inside you.

• My dr didnt use it. After he did the sonar at my appt we were talking about apps because my husband is a tech guy. And he mentioned it.
  • Maybe you are right, maybe the app is bullshit.
    Not sure why you all must be so hateful and negative - i was simply sharing something i found and thought maybe others would be excited about.

Use your own judgment. I dont really care.

Merry christmas to you!

How is being skeptical about how an app works being hateful and negative? Sheesh.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"