Toddlers: 24 Months+

25 months and very short hair

I feel really silly about posting this...but DD is 25 months and has very short blond hair. She lost most of her hair as a baby, but I feel it is taking FOREVER to grow. The pedi never said anything and I didn't even mention to her,but I noticed that all her friends have so much hair now(even the boys that were shaved)...any inputs?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 25 months and very short hair

• My daughter had next to no hair until one year, and at two years it was still incredibly short. Like, maybe half an inch to an inch? It's come in since then and is now, when the ringlets are pulled straight, down to her shoulder blades.
    IMG_8355
  • I know I will probably feel very stupid when she gets lots of hair, it is just that sometimes it could be a hormonal thing, don't know...she had a haircut once to even out a little, but it is still about one inch I guess...
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't feel stupid worrying.  That's what parents do!  Anyway, a friend's daughter had almost no hair when she turned 2.  By 3 it was wavy and beautiful and past her shoulders.  
  • My almost 5 year old still has very slow growing hair. It's very curly, so when it's wet it's long-ish but it barely touches her shoulders and she's never had a haircut. My almost 3 y/o has slightly longer hair but hers grows very slowly too. 
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I had a little bit of hair when I was born and it all fell out a few months later, and then was completely bald until I was 3. Completely bald. Like, not even a little bit of fuzz. Now my hair grows about 2 inches in a month and its super thick. Maybe her hair is just waiting, and when she's older it will rich and glorious Disney princess hair?

DD's had a ton of curly hair since she was born. And her favorite thing to do is put it in her mouth or wipe her hands on it after she's eaten instead of using a napkin. Why? Ew! Every ponytail or headband I put in it ends up destroyed. Nothing lasts if its put on her head. And DH loves her hair (when its clean and groomed) and refuses to let me cut it. The joke among our friends is that if we ever divorce it will be because I cut DD's hair. It looks great (clean and groomed), but it drives me absolutely nuts. Oh and little girls hate having their hair brushed. You'd think I was stabbing Dora the Explorer to death right before her eyes by the way she acts when I say, "Sweetie its time to brush your hair."

So what I'm trying to say is... don't get in a hurry for long locks... its more trouble than its worth.

image image Visit The Nest!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD had very short hair until about 2 years 4 months. Then, it seemed to grow like a weed over the summer. She didn't even have her first haircut until over 2 1/2 years when the back was still growing longer than the sides and I needed to even it up to about her shoulders/chin.
  • maedamalumaedamalu member
    edited December 2013
    Thanks beautiflaw!! lol I always tell my husband that...she has very short hair and gives us a hard time to style (comb and put a bow)...imagine with lots of hair. Same with the teeth...she didn't have any until she was 12 months, and I am so glad, because it is a pain to brush it! lol
  • My son has alopecia and has no hair due to it.  If she starts losing patches of hair, I'd worry, but I think it's probably normal for her! :]  My niece didn't have hair until she was 2 and now she has beautiful long, curly blonde hair!
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"