August 2012 Moms

Hylands Cold Tablets?

Has anyone used them?

The weather has been unseasonally warm the past 2-3 days, and yesterday DDs nose was supper ruung and she was sneezing alot.  Althoug she stirred a few times she didn't wake until 8:30.  But she usually wakes between 6:30-7:00 on weekends, so I was surprised how late she slept.  She STTN so its not affecting her sleep (yet).  But I did hear her sneezing ALOT in her sleep. 

I really want to nip this in the bud before it gets worse.  I have a sample of "Hylands Baby Cough Syrup" and "Hyland Baby Tiny Cold Tablets".  She doesn't have a cough, so no need for that.  But the cold tablets say for runny noses, sneezing, and congestion.  So they might be a good option.  However when I read the directions for her age it says to give 3 tables every 15 mins for an hour (so 12 tablets) than hourly until releaved.  That seems like ALOT of tables!  Plus the sample only has 6 tablets, so that's not even enough for the first hour!

DD is going to the grocery store later so I might ask him to check and see if they have any.  But I was curious if anyone has used them and if they are worth trying?

TIA 

My Journey to Motherhood
Me 36, DH 42
7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
TTC Since January 2009
Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
TTC Since June 2013
Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
EDD 10/15/16
At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hylands Cold Tablets?

• I haven't used those specifically but I used hylands cough syrup, I don't think it made much difference. The last time DS had a cough/runny nose/sneeze, I bought children's benadryl to keep on hand. I haven't given him any yet because it ended up going away but I'd consider it if he had a cold that kept him up at night.

Sorry my answer is of no real help but hope she feels better soon!

Anniversary
  • @brandyleighxx - Thanks!  I'm usually not quick to give meds.  But with the holidays and being around family and other kids I'm worried about it getting worse.  She's rarely sick, so I haven't really had the opportunity to try differant thing and know what works best for us (which isn't necessarily a bad thing!)

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have used the cold tabs and if you give them as directed they do work really well!!! You can get them almost anywhere!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"