2nd Trimester

Shopping?

Is shopping sizes new born and for 3-6 months wise? I know I won't know how big the baby will be, but would it be a good idea to shop those sizes, in your experience?
BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Shopping?

• Newborn is usually 6 to 9 lbs, 0-3 months is 7 to 13 pounds, 3-6 months is usually 13 to 19 lbs and so on. Chances are you'll have a baby somewhere between 7 and 9 lbs, therefore it makes the most sense to have a handful of newborn sizes, and a handful of 0-3 months on hand and then go from there once the baby arrives. Also, if you are being given a shower, most people will bring you an outfit or two.

• Won't you be out of season? Unless you live in a climate that is temperate year-round, the clothes you could buy now will be the wrong season for 0-3 and 3-6 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • You will need clothes in all sizes, newborn, 3m, 6m, and up. And to pp about clothes being out of season, most stores have a variety of long and short sleeves, and it is smart to shop clearance racks since babies grow quickly.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • I am purchasing the clearance sections where they are available for spring and summer and winter. We have spring until May then summer June-August and then fall. So, since its not summer or spring all those clothes are really cheap. 

Oh okay. So it's okay to go ahead and purchase some of these clothes? Great!
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • With DS, I only bought NB and 0~3 before he was born. I'm glad I did it that way, otherwise I would have had unusable clothing due to size and season.
    With DD I bought a ton of clothing from NB through 12 months going based off of DS's sizes. So far it's been dead on.
  • I wouldn't buy a ton in any size (even on clearance) because you never know how your LO will grow. DD was 6lbs 14oz at birth, but has been 10-15th% ever since. She will be 2 in a couple of weeks and wearing 12mo clothes. Many of the things we received as gifts ended up being off a season. On the other hand I have a friend with a 5mo already wearing 12 & 18mo clothes (he's bigger than DD!), there's just no way to know what you'll need.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Yes, definitely 0-3 you'll need. NB size is hard to say though. My DD ended up being tiny at just over 6lbs and 0-3 was way too big on her so we had to run out and get some outfits. She was born in the midst of a snowstorm, fun times lol.
  • I wouldn't buy a ton in any size (even on clearance) because you never know how your LO will grow. DD was 6lbs 14oz at birth, but has been 10-15th% ever since. She will be 2 in a couple of weeks and wearing 12mo clothes. Many of the things we received as gifts ended up being off a season. On the other hand I have a friend with a 5mo already wearing 12 & 18mo clothes (he's bigger than DD!), there's just no way to know what you'll need.
    Unfortunately this was our experience as well. This time around I'm not buying very much ahead of time.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"