2nd Trimester
Options

common colds

does anyone know what we can take for a common cold that may actually help symptoms?

Re: common colds

• Options
    Regular Tylenol. It sounds funny but it works.
  • Options
    Humidifier & Tylenol

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Neti pot or saline nasal sprays for nasal/sinus congestion.
  • Options
    Ugh, I'd love to know too. Currently I am taking tylenol sinus my Doctor OKed it. I prefer natural remedies though. :(
    Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
  • Options
    xojjesssxojjesss member
    edited December 2013
    Tylenol works - but always double check and ask your doctor first about any questions or concerns !! xx

• Options
    In addition to Tylenol for the fever, you can take Mucinex (without the D), Robitussin (also without the D), and saline nasal spray or neti pot. Def check with your doctor but all of the above are on my safe list from my OB!

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    thanks ladies ... 3 days later and I am not quite feeling like I am going to die anymore....the timing stinks as I work in retail and these are the busiest days...however my boss has been awesome letting me leave early :) hoping to get better soon
  • Options
    My OB said Claritin (plain- not D). The first time I took it, it seemed to help (though made me super dry)... Second day, not so much. Now I'm just taking Tylenol here and there and roughing it out. Ugh! This is my second whopper of a cold so far this pregnancy- not fun, the first took me 3 weeks to get over and I ended up with a double ear infection because of it. Hoping that doesnt happen again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimageimage

• Options
    Sudafed, the original stuff that you have to ask for at the pharmacy counter.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    My OB allows Tylenol, Robitussin DM, Mucinex, Mucinex DM, Sudafed (regular, not PE), and any anhistamine I prefer (Benadryl, Unisom, Zyrtec, Claritin, or Chlor-Trimeton).

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    I use robitussin dm, but every morning and night I also drink boiled hot water with lemon, honey, and a dash of cinnamon. It helps with sore throats, decongests the sinuses and it tastes almost like cider.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"