September 2013 Moms

indoor pool safe?

Anyone know if it would be OK to take lo to a pool? She's 3mos old. Our hotel over the holidays has a small indoor pool. We've been to the hotel before and it's usually not crowded and pretty warm. Since it's indoors sun exposure isn't a problem.

If we take her, can she go in just a swim diaper, or should we put a T-shirt on her, or get a whole swimsuit?
One DD born 9/23/13.
We're one and done!

Re: indoor pool safe?

• As long as you make sure water doesn't get in her eyes it is probably fine.  Indoor pools are usually pretty high in chlorine so it might sting her eyes.  And I'd rinse her off after.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• We've been swimming since 5 weeks and LO is obsessed! Take him twice a week now and he's 10 weeks! Enjoy!
  • Loading the player...
  • no idea, but FWIW we took DS when he was 4 mo and we were on vacation. It went great!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our swim class starts once she is 4 months. They won't take her any sooner.

I would say you definitely need LO in a swim diaper but, bathing suit is optional.
  • My dr said swimming pools are okay. Since LO has eczema we do bleach bathes at home which she said is pretty much making a swimming pool at home. Just rinse her off after.

Your doctor told you to do this?!? Bleach/chlorine is harsh on the skin and will absolutely make eczema worse.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• LnR70707 said:

My dr said swimming pools are okay. Since LO has eczema we do bleach bathes at home which she said is pretty much making a swimming pool at home. Just rinse her off after.

Your doctor told you to do this?!? Bleach/chlorine is harsh on the skin and will absolutely make eczema worse.
    It's recommended to help prevent infections. I have heard this as well. The National Eczema Association also supports this. It is only a minimal amount of bleach. Like a tablespoon or something in a half full bathtub.

Thanks for the input though! I think it would be fine but I talked it over with dh and he's really uncomfortable with it so we'll pass this time around.
    One DD born 9/23/13.
    We're one and done!
  • It's probably okay for most babies, however my daughters skin is the most sensitive thing ever! I can't use anything on her skin without her whole body getting dry and rashy so personally I wouldn't take her in anything with chlorine but if your LOs skin is fine it's probably not a big deal, my nieces were in swimming lessons very young with no problems.
  • My doctor told me that the standard recommendation is 6m for swimming, but it has nothing to do with sun or chlorine exposure. It has to do with the baby's ability to self regulate their body temperature. She gave me her blessing to take DS swimming when he was 4 months, which we did, and he loved it. We're in FL now with DD, who isn't quite 3m yet, and I'm debating whether we'll take her in the water, just because so far the water hasn't been warm enough. Even the 2.5 year old is cold after a little while...

If it's warm both in the pool and out of the pool, it should be safe!
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm starting LO in a mommy and me swim class next month. The pool is a warm water pool and his pedi is 100% on board.
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"