Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Pampers Swaddlers vs Pampers Baby Dry

My DS is 7 1/2 weeks old we started him off with Huggies but I found they leaked too much. I did try pampers swaddlers awhile back, which I liked but ended up going back to huggies for awhile, then they started to leak too often I found. I did like the pampers swaddlers so I told my hubby to get some but instead he picked up pampers baby dry. I am not sure if I like baby dry as much, I do find them fit better than huggies. Just wondering if there was a major difference between pampers swaddlers and pamper baby dry. Would like some other mothers opinions. Thanks!  

Re: Pampers Swaddlers vs Pampers Baby Dry

• The materials that touch baby's skin are different between swadders and baby dry.  Also, baby dry advertises they can be used up to 12 hours. 
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I can't see baby dry lasting 12 hours at hr six it looks so full & my lil ones clothes feels damp. I have tried huggies snugglers & huggies snug & dry and love both much better
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I prefer swaddlers. I don't like the material of baby dry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • Kaymee said:
    I prefer swaddlers. I don't like the material of baby dry.

This. We tried a box of baby dry because you get more in a box vs swaddlers. I switched back after using one pack. They have a different material and feel plastic where as swaddlers are soft. I also find baby dry smells horrible.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 1.5.13 - EDD 9.5.13 - Ysabella Sofia born 9.12.13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • emordaemorda member
    edited December 2013
    Baby dry suck!!! I was using swaddlers and loved them but saw baby dry and figured I would try them since they were cheaper, claimed to last up to 12 hours, and were still the pampers brand. Well, you pay for what you get! Baby dry leaked each time on dd after 1 bm and it was no where near 12 hours. I got so fed up with this since I paid $45 for a 200+ package and I only used maybe 50 (which most leaked but I kept using anyway in hopes the leaking would stop since I paid so much) so I called pampers customer service to inform them of their unsatisfactory product and the pampers rep said baby dry was the low end of the diapers. I am sticking to swaddlers now! The rep sent me some great coupons btw for my troubles.
  • The first thing I noticed about baby dry was the smell which I did not like, I couldn't remember the swaddlers smelling like that. Also found the material feels really cheap. Has anyone had many poop blow puts with swaddlers? Thinking I will finish off this box of baby dry and switch to swaddlers. Thanks everyone for your input :-)

• The hospital used swaddlers, so that's what we got because they seemed to work really well. We had a box of baby dry already and hated them. They smell weird and they didn't seem to pull the poop away from LO's butt as much as swaddlers does, so her little butt got red if we didn't change her as soon as she pooped. With the swaddlers, if we can't change her right away, its not that big if a deal because the netting in swaddlers pulls everything off her butt.
  • CJS2011 said:

Lesly84 said:

I can't see baby dry lasting 12 hours at hr six it looks so full & my lil ones clothes feels damp. I have tried huggies snugglers & huggies snug & dry and love both much better

The Swaddlers are 12 hours now too. They can last that long for us!
    Why would you leave your baby/child in the same diaper for 12 hours?
    Thank God I'm not the only one thinking this.
  • We had a bag of baby dry and thought we'd give them a try. Hated them! My daughter has never had a leak until we used the baby dry. We are sticking with swaddlers.
  • CJS2011 said:

Lesly84 said:

I can't see baby dry lasting 12 hours at hr six it looks so full & my lil ones clothes feels damp. I have tried huggies snugglers & huggies snug & dry and love both much better

Some people have magical unicorn babies that sleep all night.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kfran84 said:

CJS2011 said:

Lesly84 said:

Some people have magical unicorn babies that sleep all night.
    For 12 hours? Doubtful.
  • We use Swaddlers by day, Baby Dry by night for DD1, who is almost 2.
    DD2 is in Swaddlers round the clock.

I also prefer the "clean, white" look of the Swaddlers.
    DD1 will STTN, for nearly 12 hours.
  • I guess I'm the only one using the cheap ones haha. I haven't had any problems with the parents choice brand. I have had only maybe 2 poopy leaks but they were understandable lol.. We used them at our daycare and I never really had a complaint about them myself. Now I'm pretty attentive to changing baby pretty quickly too.
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • Loved the swaddlers! LO started to out grow them to 7.5 lbs..moved to snugglers..loved those too but again..The weight recs were off..LO is outgrowing both which say up to 10 lbs..and she isn't even 8 lbs. Tried size 1 but a bit too big... change her 2x at night.
  • I did do the switch to swaddlers are we are enjoying these over baby dry. Now my question is when do you know to go up a size?? He gets the elastic print around his thighs, was wondering if that's an indication and sometimes the imprint of the mesh liner on his bottom. He hasn't had any leaks or blow outs yet. I actually got some size 2 for Christmas so maybe I might just go ahead and see if they fit better. At his one month check up he weighed 10.6 lbs and measured 23 inches I know he has gotten longer since then. We will find out his weight tomorrow at the docs office for his 2 month check up. 
  • Imnot sure how othermommies know but, I usually put my babies ina bigger size when they start getting leaks. It seems when they are growing out of a size the diapeds dont hold as much and they get leaky no matter what the brand is. Btw I am also a huge fan of swaddlers they have been my brand of choice for all of my kids and I am super pleased they are now making them up to size 5 :)

• We use swaddlers! We did go through a short leaking phase but she may have needed larger diapers at that point. Having said that, we've used baby dry when they were given to us and huggies when nothing else was available when out of town... and all have been fine! 

You can find additional reviews on diapers on this site: www.weespring.com. Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"