Eco-Friendly Family

Update on mom.

Last night when I left the hospital, mom was much more comfortable than she had been for a couple of days.  So, when I returned this morning, I was anticipating a similar situation.  Yeah...not so much.  She was miserable.  She had a headache, backache, neck ache, and of course, the abdominal pain.  It broke my heart to see her in so much pain, and of course, freaks me out to think of what could be going on.

After two and a half days in her (hideous) hospital bed, she had only been up to walk ONCE -- and that was with me.  I was furious.  She is here to promote bowel motility, and the nurses aren't even detatching her from the wall so she can get up and MOVE.  No WONDER she was miserable.  Anyone would be in that situation. 

So, I called in the nurse, "requested" a better bed, had her detach mom from her aparatus so we could walk again, and helped her to do some stretches to loosen things up a bit. 

Then, on my way to my office, I called a colleague's office and spoke with the LMT/PTA (physical therapy-trained massage therapist) who I have work on me.  I was in tears, practically begging her to visit mom in the hospital.  She agreed (quite sweetly, I might add), and visited mom this afternoon. 

I cannot even begin to tell you how much the massage/PT helped mom.  When I arrived back at her room this evening, she was sitting up comfortably, moving easily, and roaring to go.   The therapist is specifically trained in reflexology, in addition to her other stuff (for lack of a better word).  Mom said she spent a good amount of time working on her feet (YAY!), and that she's going to return tomorrow for another session. 

Tonight, there is marked improvement in her intestinal motility.  She was able to spend some time on the phone with the kiddos, and even wanted me to take her down to the vending machine so she could buy the kids a treat for me to take home to them (lol...only a grandma...). 

Oh, yeah...and she has a new mattress that is inflated with warmed air.  Sahweet! 

=)

Re: Update on mom.

• That is GREAT news. I'm so glad to hear things are going better for her. Definitely keep us updated. (( hugs )) to your therapist friend (and you and mom too)!
  • You are such an awesome daughter! Yay for mom feeling better!!
    "Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." -- Rabindranath Tagore Recycling is like laughter, it's contagious! Invite all your friends!" Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Well that is fantastic news!  I am so glad you were able to get your mom the attention she deserves and that she is feeling better today.  You are a rockstar daughter and she is lucky to have you.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You all are going to make me cry. 

Thank you.  

::sniffle::

• Wow, that is a huge difference from this morning! She really is blessed to have a daughter like you!
  • that's great that she's improved so much by the visit from the pt... and from you of course. the nurses would definitely not be so attentive. the mattress sounds great.
  • Me thinks some nurses need to do their job.

(((hugs)))

Kick 'em hard!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ::whips out bobbin needles, ala karate kid::

Whoooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaah!

;-)

• awww, you are such a good daughter for taking such good care of your mom... it breaks my heart to hear she was in such pain and they were doing nothing for her... she is so lucky to have you watching over her (and for you to have such nice connections!)
  • I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing better.  She definitely needs to walk to help.  That was the only thing that help my issues after my c-section.  Keep us posted!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • How lucky is she to have you around! You're so sweet!

Hope your Mom gets better soon Right Hug

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thinking of you all!

Oh...and Valor EO might help.  ::hugs::

• YAY!!!! That's such wonderful news that she's seeing so much progress-especially in such an amount of time!!!
  • That's so comforting to hear. I'm glad that she's feeling so much better. 
  • I'm so happy to hear this :)  Thank you for updating us.  Prayers coming your way.
  • So glad to hear she's doing better!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I hope things keep improving quickly
    47 months &
    11 months
  • I am angry at the crappy care she momentarily received,

and so happy that she has such an amazing daughter

to care for her like you are.  I'm crossing fingers and

saying prayers that massage and walking continue to 

help, and that she sees huge and continued improvement!

Mother's Day, 2011
  • I'm so glad that she is making progress and getting what she needs. ?How blessed she is to have a daughter who is such a wonderful advocate for her. ?=)

?Hang in there. ??

• Yay!!  I'm glad your kicking butt is helping your mom feel better!!  Please continue to keep us updated, and as always I will keep y'all in my prayers!!  Happy New Year with a feeling-much-better Mama!!!
    After 3 1/2 years of hope and prayers, our sweet baby girl is here! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"