Eco-Friendly Family

If I could complain about something petty for a minute

So, we just ordered a new computer and the deal of the day (or whatever it's called) was that the computer came with a 24" monitor - now I'm sure there are people out there who would kill for a big monitor, but now that I have it, it's actually just too big. I feel like I should be sitting several feet away from the screen. The box I'm typing in now is seriously about 8 inches wide, I almost have to turn my head to follow the typing. I really think we're going to have to get a different desk so we can sit further away - ok, I'm done with my petty pity party =)

Re: If I could complain about something petty for a minute

• And plus it's a widescreen, like the tvs are now, so everything is stretched out funny ** sigh ** Sometimes technology is too much for me.

• You can always reduce the resolution so it's smaller but that kinda defeats the purpose of having a big screen :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok, let me see if I can figure out the resolution thing because it seriously is driving me crazy.
  • OMG, you ladies are AWESOME!!! I'm back to normal now!! Of course I have all this extra space on the sides of the screen now but it's not huge anymore. Thanks!!!!
  • LOL...you'll get used to it.  Then you'll get spoiled.  Then you'll hate working on anything less. 

The exact same thing happened to me when I first purchased my 24" monitor several years ago.  Now, I don't know how I lived without it.  

DH actually has TWO 24" monitors, side by side, that he uses every day at work.  The turd.  

=)

• imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:

LOL...you'll get used to it.  Then you'll get spoiled.  Then you'll hate working on anything less. 

The exact same thing happened to me when I first purchased my 24" monitor several years ago.  Now, I don't know how I lived without it.  

DH actually has TWO 24" monitors, side by side, that he uses every day at work.  The turd.  

=)

Haha, I'm sure we will get used to it - isn't that how it always goes. I do think we'll still get a bigger desk because I think I can hook up my old monitor to this computer too so we can have two. Of course the "old" one isn't a huge-o one, but it'll do =)

• imagecmeon_the_water:
    Ooh, now you can be a dork like me and have 20 windows open at the same time!! :D

I was talking to a guy at work about this today - he was all like, ohh yeah now you can open tons of stuff up - he kept calling it monitor real estate, hehe.

• imageEm&B:
    imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:

LOL...you'll get used to it.  Then you'll get spoiled.  Then you'll hate working on anything less. 

=)

Haha, I'm sure we will get used to it - isn't that how it always goes. I do think we'll still get a bigger desk because I think I can hook up my old monitor to this computer too so we can have two. Of course the "old" one isn't a huge-o one, but it'll do =)

HA!  See?  You already want more.  More, More, MORE!

;-)

• Okay I'm late getting in on this one (as usual), but I freaked out when our 24" monitor came - I was sure it would have to go back. ?I love it now! ?The only problem is that I get annoyed with the itty bitty screens on other computers!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"