Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Sad about having to wean soon

Today I saw the surgeon who performed a biopsy on a breast lump a few months ago. While the lump was benign, it's still there and he suggested a mammo. and possibly removing it, which I am all for doing. I'll have to stop BF though, and while there is no rush ( I can continue for two more months until DS is one), I am bummed about it coming to an end.

It's funny, because I was never crazy about the thought of BF in the beginning, but it has become such a part of my relationship with DS. And it calms him so much when he's crying/tired and grumpy. I wonder how I'll comfort him after weaning, since it's pretty much all he or I know...

Re: Sad about having to wean soon

• I would be sad too.  Is there any way to continue nursing from the other breast?  Pump in hospital and then resume nursing when you are feeling better?  Is that an option?
  • just?curious, did they say the lump was a fibroid? I have a fibroid and have a yearly ultrasound and an occasional mamo. They have never mentioned removal for me. I have however wondered about it. They did do a fine needle aspiration on it and according to them it is just a fibroid but I always questions how accurate that is.?

What was the reasoning for having to wean for the surgery? When were you planning on stopping??

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you have to go through that. I just stopped pumping yesterday b/c I'm just not making that much and it's starting to become pointless. I thought about weaning her completely and I'm pretty sad about that as well. Hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was going to suggest the one boob nursing too.  Either way, you'll figure it out.  I'm sorry, though!

Sisters:  Now and then.

imageimage

Elijah's 1st day of Kindergarten!
  • imageloveisforever:

just curious, did they say the lump was a fibroid? I have a fibroid and have a yearly ultrasound and an occasional mamo. They have never mentioned removal for me. I have however wondered about it. They did do a fine needle aspiration on it and according to them it is just a fibroid but I always questions how accurate that is. 

What was the reasoning for having to wean for the surgery? When were you planning on stopping? 

They're not sure about what it is; my mother had breast cancer (she's now ok) and they are being extra cautious with my increased risk of developing it. I'll have to wean in order to get a reliable mammo and to avoid the possibility of a fistula forming post-surgery. I was tryin g to get to at least a year, so that is good that I'll be able to - still it's sad to see it coming to an end!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"