Parenting

LAST POST :) Girls who work out -

How many days a week do you work out? I have gone the last 2 and am sore today and the thought of working out again makes me cringe. How often do you go a week and for how long?

Re: LAST POST :) Girls who work out -

• Anywhere from 3-6 times a week.  Most weeks it is 4 or 5 times for about an hour each time.
  • You've got to push through the burn. That's how you get stronger.  I am in really good shape, as I've been working out hard for months, but my week looks like this:

M:  cross train
    T: run 3-4 miles
    W: run 7 miles
    Th:  Run 3-4 miles
    Friday Rest
    Sat: run 5-7 miles
    Sun: run 10-20 miles, depending on the week for marathon training.

BUT, when I worked out with a trainer post partum, I worked out 4 days a week.  HARD.  It's doable, you just have to challenge yourself.  That's how you get stronger!

• Loading the player...
  • I love the pain - it means I am doing something right :)
  • Not pg, 4-5 times a week, 45-60 min of cardio/running.
  • I usually work out M-F between 30-60 min depending on the schedule.
  • I work out everyday that I eat so that is 7 days a week.  I do 30 cardio, 30 pilates and 20 weights (working different parts so I don't over work a particular area). 
  • i believe in giving your muscles a break - if you are strength training you need to give them a day off, either by training different areas on consecutive days or by not working out.  the day off is actually when you build strength - weight training creates tiny tears and the day off is when your muscles repair and get stronger.  you can do cardio every day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"