2nd Trimester

Urine color

I am drinking water like crazy but my urine is still a dark yellow color. This a sign of anything bad ?

Re: Urine color

• Call your doctor, that's not normal unless your definition of "like crazy" is very, very off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My prenatal vitamins say that discoloration of urine may occur. Call your doctor to be sure.
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• Loading the player...
  • My prenatal vitamins always cause my urine to be darker yellow.  You can always call your doctor to be sure.
  • My prenatals make this happen to my pee everyday.   
  • If this is out of the ordinary for you, wouldn't hurt to call the doctor. However, mine is always on the darker side, no matter how much water I drink, and I've had several normal urinalyses throughout my pregnancy. I suspect the same as above posters have said, that it's from the vitamins.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Is it like that all the time? Mine gets darker and almost neon looking when I pee after taking my vitamins. But once that's out of my system, it's fine.
  • I just asked about this at my ob app this morning! I left a urine sample to be sure but it happens with the pre natals. It's a strong concentration of vitamins
  • My prenatal makes my urine dark in the mornin but I drink so much water that by early afternoon my pee is clear. You might think you are drinking enough. Or something is truly wrong in which case I'd call your OB
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"