January 2014 Moms

Going to smack the nurse who told me my foot was "super broken"

Not really, but I do think she got me all worked up needlessly.

Saw the orthopedist today.  I broke the 5th metatarsal on my right foot and that is the only thing broken - yay!  They gave me a boot and said I can put limited pressure on the foot "as tolerated" which essentially means I can get up to go to the bathroom at night without the knee wheeler.  Doc also said that if I'm good with it, my foot could be mostly healed by my due date (1/13).  This makes me REALLY happy as I was feeling sorry for myself that LO would get here and I wouldn't be able to go get him if he was crying, etc., and that other people would always have to go get him and bring him to me.  Sounds like I will be much more mobile as long as he comes on or after his due date; which I don't think will be a problem.

So thanks for all the kind words and thoughts!  Having a broken foot bone sucks, but it's really not as bad as it could have been!
Pregnancy Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Going to smack the nurse who told me my foot was "super broken"

• As happy as I am for u love does this mean no pimping out the scooter ?!!!! My <3 just broke a lil :(((.

Yay for healing!!! If u smack the nurse pls video it and snap chat it to me!
  • Yay!! I'd want to smack her, too, but that is great news!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • kschrefkschref member
    edited December 2013
    We still need the scooter, but will just rent it at this point.  Still plan to hang some decorations on it when I can get DH to pull out the extra ones we had decided not to put on the tree this year.  :)  I can't even tell you what kind of looks I got with DH at Target today - sort of sympathy mixed with horror at a pregnant lady zipping around on that thing.  We are definitely attracting attention right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Great news considering the alternative.  :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Good news. The nurse should be fired!
  • That's really good news! I had to wear a boot when I fractured my heel in July 2012 -- after a few weeks, I could move pretty well with that thing. I can only imagine that it would be harder pregnant, but it's definitely manageable. I ended up loving that boot. It made it possible for me to do so many more things than if I had to have a cast. Good luck!
  • Yay!!! So glad everything should be just about healed by the time baby gets here! 

• That's great news to hear. I feel your pain.. I broke my 5th metatarsal on my right foot too! It took me a bit to heal and I had to wear the robo-cop boot :( I can't imagine going through that right now. Lots of love and prayers that you heal quickly :)
  • So glad things look better than they did. That's a dumb thing for the nurse to do though.
    I can't wait to meet you Neva Margaret Rebecca
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Great news!! I got to rock the boot for a total of 12 weeks (6 weeks each for two different surgeries) just make sure not to push yourself. Baby that foot while you can:)
  • That sounds so much better than your last update! I'm glad that there is a good chance you will be healed by your EDD and hopefully all you need to worry about is your LO!

• Great news!

Baby Lexi: BFP: May 12, 2013 (Mother's Day), EDD: January 21, 2014
  • Good news! Glad it's not 'super broken'
  • This makes me insanely happy for you! I pictured my helplessness last year but with this pregnancy and a newborn for you. Like @peanutmuse said, the boot isn't bad at all. I kinda grew to enjoy is aside from the heat of summer making it a tad stinky. 
    Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

• This is great news. Can you still use the wickedly cool scooter?
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm so glad you didn't need a cast! The boot is so much easier! Sending good healing juju your way!!

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Excellent news!! Do post pics of the pimped out scooter! I can imagine the looks in target were priceless!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Excellent news! Just be so careful with the boot. I've had 3 for surgeries so the boot and I are friends, but you lose flexion of your ankle. You don't realize how much you use that, till you don't have it. Glad it's not the scooter full time.
  • Great news for you!!
    imagebaby development

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"