2nd Trimester

Stupid question but will ask anyway

So I avoided the nail salon my first trimester (to get eyebrows done) because of the strong smell. Well I'm now 15 weeks and was wondering is it ok to go get them done? Meaning how unsafe would it be with me smelling the fumes for the couple minutes I am there to get my eyebrows done?

Re: Stupid question but will ask anyway

• I have been to the salon & the people doing my nails were pregnant. So that should answer your question. Or if you really want to be super duper extra special snowflake careful, go to the Benefit Brow Bar in Macy's & Ulta. They do a fantastic job.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • I go every 2-3 weeks for my nails and toes.
  • I was getting fake nails for the first like 10 weeks bc I didn't know I was pregnant and so far everything is fine with the baby... So you're going. To be fine. Just go get your eye brows done
    Supermom to my beautiful boys Troy Marshall and Griffin Xander 

Living the dream with my wonderful man :)
  • Thanks I felt stupid asking but since the fumes bothered me before being pregnant I wondered what effect it would have with me being pregnant. Thanks!
  • I wouldn't do it, but have fun!
    You're freindly and nice and popular a14 AE :)) :))
  • Darling as long as your not snorting or injecting the nail fume I think you and baby are just fine
  • JayLo21 said:
    Darling as long as your not snorting or injecting the nail fume I think you and baby are just fine

• It's fine.
  • Honestly the smell has always gotten to me even pre pregnancy. I went in for a mani/pedi in first tri and the smell made me want to vomit so that's the only reason I didn't stay. It's perfectly fine to go to the nail salon.

If you don't care for the smell there are waxing salons that you can go to instead of the nail salon. That's where I go for my eyebrows.

BabyFetus Tickerphoto 2ceebf02-c89c-48f9-aa15-cf2562600e12.jpg
  • I'm extra cautious.. so I know what you're saying. I think as long as you are not going there everyday smelling those fumes you will be fine! You're only in there for a couple min getting your eyebrows done anyways :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think you'll be fine. Are nail salons your only option? I know around here almost every hair salon does waxing.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary
  • i go to hair salons that also do nails and - as far as the nails go - they use OPI which i found out doesn't have the pthalates and things to avoid when pregnant so you really can paint your nails! I was really excited because I hadn't done this all pregnancy because I was paranoid too, but all my polish at home is OPI so i thought I would give it a try...but... NOPE! I opened it up wanting to paint my nails but the smell alone made me want to puke. 21 weeks in I haven't painted them once LOL.

But i really want to! I haven't even been to the salon since I was pregnant but you should get your brows waxed if you want, lots of my pregnant ladyfriends have gone. I really want my hair done soon so I might try to stomach the nail smell and get that done :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"