Babies on the Brain
Options

**Chrysallys**

Hey, I read below how you are planning a natural birth in a hospital with a midwife and a doula and I happened to notice you're in CA.  Mind if I ask you where this hospital is and how it all works?  If you're not comfortable saying on here you can e-mail me at jebuell(at)gmail(dot)com.  I'm in San Diego and I'm hoping your hospital is near me!!  It sounds great.  I'm considering a home birth right now, but want a good hospital to go to in case I decide against home birth.

Re: **Chrysallys**

• Options

Hey! Unfortunately I'm many hours from you. The hospital is Dominican in Santa Cruz, California (hippy capital of Cali for sure). We'll have to drive 40 min. north to get there but it is so worth it because of the tubs, the fact they have birthing stools and birthing balls, their hospital rating, and that they have a level II NICU. My midwives' office is right across the street from the hospital even.

I'd suggest researching the hospitals in your area or those fairly close to you that allow midwives and go from there. Or you can check with local midwives and see if any of them have hospital privileges.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"