January 2014 Moms

Alcohol to thank for conception?

I noticed that on the post about surprise babies, several people mentioned alcohol being involved. I'm curious to see how many of us (planning or not) have alcohol at least partly to thank for the conception of our LO's. Fun stories would be much appreciated :-D
Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

Re: Alcohol to thank for conception?

• We were trying but I had a couple of drinks the night I think LO was conceived. So, maybe!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Ahhh yes alcohol played a part in our conceiving .. We joke that he should be named Jack or Jameson ;)
  • No alcohol for me, but my husband never gets laid as much as when we are TTC. Several times a week and sometimes multiple times a day. He never complains!

• No alcohol for me, but my husband never gets laid as much as when we are TTC. Several times a week and sometimes multiple times a day. He never complains!
    This is for us, too!   Then again, I think everyone in these parts knows I am a lush, but surprisingly that month I was not!
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• We were on a mini-vacation while visiting my parents in Florida. Needless to say, 85' and sunny+the beach+Martinis= bfp! Best vacation ever!
  • No alcohol but there was a (friend's) wedding involved. DH looks studly as a groomsman.
  • Yep, copious amount of alcohol was involved that fateful night! I can't remember if it was just me or if both of us were drunk. I know I definitely was!
  • No alcohol, but I hadn't seen H in four months...we had some making up to do. OK, lots of making up.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• We were trying, but there's a good chance a Wine Festival may have been involved...
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

J14's January Signature Challenge: Favorite Post-Delivery Indulgence

Our little Princess is due 1.29.14
  • We were on vaca in FL so lots of alcohol   :x 8->

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Shots of tequila may or may not have been involved. We weren't really preventing though, I was going to start charting in a couple of months anyway. 

• We got really wastey face after they caught the Boston Bomber. Alcohol was definitely a factor in this conception. We've only ever used condoms as BC and we were both all slurry and like "Eh, let's just see if it happens and if not whatevs."

It happened.

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • We have been trying for nearly 3 years and in between IVF's. I was actually tested and cleared from having strep throat a few days earlier but ovulation time came and I wasn't going to miss a month no matter how sick I felt. It was interesting positions just so I couldn't breathe on him. So not the most "romantic" but we figured the IVF wasn't either with two doctors and a nurse in the room with us so we enjoyed the privacy :) But no alcohol. Of course, recently suffering a loss and then mother's day was a few days later, I was pretty drunk that day no idea implantation was taking place. So alcohol was involved in that part of getting pregnant :)

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• We went out with our friends to have fun and drink and forget that he was about to leave for a deployment the next day. Good times. Like, REALLY good times, haha! Things were just really good and KAPOW preggo.
  • @AndyLeah we conceived at an all inclusive resort. I was also cut off from my favorite jin and tonics so instead hubby took me home and took full advantage!
  • I still maintain that I stopped at dinner, so IDK wtf happened.

imageimage

• MH and I went to a friends wedding that had an open bar...few weeks later I was handing him 3 positive tests. Hah.
  • No alcohol here! We were boring and kept track of my cycle and did it like bunnies for a week!
  • HAHA these are amazing! Just the laugh I needed!
    Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

• No, but we had been trying and his sisters gave him the advice to give me more wine at night! Little did we know that by the time they had given him that advice, baby was already on her way to implantation.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sgriff1Sgriff1 member
    edited December 2013
    No alcohol for us. We were TTC for a couple months and DH seemed to feel "pressured" around that time and had completely cut me off for a few days telling me it would happen when it happens. Needless to say we went for a hike one evening and he couldn't keep his hands off of me...and bam, we made a baby in the bushes \:D/

• HeartOverMindHeartOverMind member
    edited December 2013
    Surprisingly, no, alcohol had no part in conceiving our LO. Goodness, as many times as we have been stupid about BC and alcohol combined, I am so surprised. But I'm not even really sure when IT happened. I remember a few times when we could have conceived, and we were both sober.
    Me: 30  DH: 34  Us: Est. 2009 (Dating) // 2013 (Married)
    DD1: 12/26/2013  DD2: 08/03/2016  DS1: 05/10/2018  Baby #4: EDD 11/22/2020 (Team Green)
  • That night may or may not have involved lots of adult beverages and make up sex.
    photo 750f3c1a-2ade-403a-a0f5-dc1db83a8c08_zps3b41b396.jpgphoto 823a6982-64ae-4aeb-8830-c03461e6d517_zps5e065d1f.jpgphoto 53bf98f1-e49e-4c67-acd7-61db3c981d79_zps7cd2176b.jpg
  • We are having a Vegas baby, so I assume there was alcohol - but not extreme amounts. Just bottles of wine with dinner & fruity drinks at the pool!

BFP 10/8/12 | Missed Miscarriage - D&C 11/12/12

•  We never DTD when the kids are home, even when they're sleeping because SO's dog barks loudly at us. ST is saved for every other weekend when the kids are at their dad's house. Our typical Friday night was spent at our local bar dinner, lots of drinks, and karaoke. This was followed by us getting frisky once home. Pretty sure we were schmammered on that night.

• Doc confirmed it was "the" day, which happened to be the same day as our mini-overnight celebration for my completion of grad school. We drank so much it's a miracle I didn't pass out before anything could happen:)
  • Between Cisco De Mayo, my birthday, and a mutual friends 21, I can say booze was there...just not sure what drink it was.
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We use condoms and I track my cycle and ovulation. Worked great until the last day of my period and we did the dirty no condoms ( thought I was safe) well the little swimmers stayed in there until I ovulated!
  • I have alcohol to thank for losing my butt virginity.... Never again am I drinking half a bottle of pineapple wine alone with SO.

• No alcohol here. He went away on a weeklong business trip. He walked through the door and I dragged him upstairs. At that time, a week was a very long time for us to go.
    Dave and Kathleen - 09.12.09:
    Partially Complex (my blog)
  • Umm... no alcohol. But I blame stair sex. We had just moved in our house and DH wanted to have sex like all over the place. His most pushy part of the house was on the stairs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"