Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Baby Food

I had my 6month old in China (where we live), I've only been feeding her purée food that I make. We are going to the US for Christmas on Friday and I'm wondering if I should just stop feeding her solids for 3 weeks? Or get some store bought? What brands of baby food are good? I know nothing about buying baby food, it kind of makes me nervous. But puréeing won't really be an option because we are going to be traveling all over the place. So What brands of baby food do you buy? What's easiest to give when we are traveling? Mostly I will be breastfeeding her. Right now she gets 1 meal of puréed food. Thanks for the help!!! Also, any tips on traveling with an infant are welcomed :)
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Baby Food

• It was actually a lot easier to travel with my baby than I thought it would be, although my traveling was much shorter. My favorite items for travel ended up being my Baby K'Tan (or any other cloth wrap- no metal) for easy carrying around the airport and through the metal detectors and an inflatable My Breast Friend pillow which was AWESOME on the plane.

As for purees, there are a lot of great brands. We've been liking Plum Organics and Ella's Kitchen- both of which are pretty much available everywhere. You can also just stick to things like mushy banana, little bits of mushy pasta or whatever you're eating and I've even done the whole 'I'll chew it a bit first, then offer it to her' thing which works surprisingly well. 

Good Luck!
  • I found a small masher and bowl on amazon. Im planning on taking that to my parents for christmas. I use it now at home since we are just starting solids im not making big batches of food yet in case of a reaction.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Earth's Best and my daughter has only turned her nose up to Banana Mango. If you can, look into what you can try with yours now that is also readily available in stores in the US.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"