Parenting after a Loss

Need advice about crib sleeping

So, I am going to try putting DD down in her crib tonight (she normally sleeps in a swing).  I am going for the first time after her nighttime routine because she is usually fast asleep after it.  When she wakes up (she will wake up after an hour or so) should I try to give her a bottle, paci or just rock her back to sleep?  She has only ever woken up to eat so I am not sure how else to comfort her - sad at 11 weeks, I know!  My plan is to put her in the swing after her first waking if it is after at least an hour of sleeping in the crib.  Help!!!

Re: Need advice about crib sleeping

• 1st... I would put her back in the crib after that 1st waking. I would use the swing as the last resort. Especially since you know that works. Try other things to see what else works for her.?

I generally pat dd's back, ssssshhhh her, rock & as a last resort nurse her back to sleep.

After she's back to sleep, I put her back in the crib. She'll usually stir for a minute or two. I then pat her back or just rest my hand on her back. She'll fall back to sleep then.

?

• no other advice, we had our own sleep struggles here too and i just wanted to say good luck!  i hope you get a good night!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Emma usually falls back asleep after she eats at night. Sometimes a little rocking will ease her back to sleep as well
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"