Babies: 6 - 9 Months

7.5 month old on a beach vacation (entertainment ideas needed)

Taking DS on a family all inclusive beach vacation when he'll be 7.5m old. He will have one other baby to interact with when we are there ( for 1 week)  but I'm looking for ideas on what toys or things I can bring that will be small, portable and entertaining. He just turned 6m and is getting bored with what we have at home so I'm toy shopping for at home and can get some small portable toys at the same time (and hoping he'll get some good things for Christmas). I'm a FTM so I don't know what kinds of things he'll be into at 7.5 months but I'll need to keep it simple. For example I saw on Pinterest that I could make a sensory bag with a zip lock bag, hair gel and random things in the bag, secured with duct tape. This looks cool, it's light and will slip in my bag.  I will have some room for a toy(s) but not too much. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Re: 7.5 month old on a beach vacation (entertainment ideas needed)

• On our recent vacation we brought a jolly jumper. Small to pack and very entertaining for her
  • You can do the same thing with a water or Gatorade bottle, just be sure it's sealed securely. Also, scraps of different textured fabrics tied together to pull out of a bag or box (maybe out of the diaper bag?). Just 2 things that come to mind that would travel well, and wouldn't be the worst thing if you lost them on the trip. My LO is 8 months and still very much into touching everything, putting everything into her mouth, and things that make sounds when she does something. She's also super active (just started crawling) and teething. All babies do those things at different times, but something to think about for your trip (not sure how far off it is in the future). Have fun! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • At 7 months, my son just wants to crawl everywhere.. So not sure about toys. Babies just want to move
  • At 7 months, my son just wants to crawl everywhere.. So not sure about toys. Babies just want to move
    won't that be fun, I'm sure he'll be eating sand too LOL :) 

won't that be fun, I'm sure he'll be eating sand too LOL :) 

You'll have to bring a cheap playpen or something. There's no way I could do a beach with him at this age

• We just got back from Hawaii with our almost six Month old. Get a sun shade tent - best investment! We also bought a Go pod travel chair which was perfect for our room. We brought waayyyyy too many toys. You just need a few and a few books. We found it pretty easy travelling with our baby, took a few days to adjust for everyone but it ended up being a relaxing trip! Have fun!

BFP#1 D&C May 18th 2012 at 9 wks. EDD Dec 17 2012
    BFP#2 CP Sept 17th 2012 at 4.5 wks. EDD May 23 2013
    BFP#3 EDD June 24th 2013 IT'S A GIRL!
    BFP#4 EDD March 2 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ps bring an umbrella stroller. We also brought the Ergo carrier but found it too hot to wear.

BFP#1 D&C May 18th 2012 at 9 wks. EDD Dec 17 2012
    BFP#2 CP Sept 17th 2012 at 4.5 wks. EDD May 23 2013
    BFP#3 EDD June 24th 2013 IT'S A GIRL!
    BFP#4 EDD March 2 2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We took my dd on a beach vaca at 5 months.  She loved playing in the sand, in the ocean and pool and people watching.  We brought a few little toys but nothing crazy.  I would bring things that are easy to wash the sand off of.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DD was great and traveling at 7 months was much easier than I thought! We went to St. Thomas when she was just 7 months.

For toys on the plane and by the pool or beach she loved the Discovery Kid boomerings and any sort of stacking cups. We also packed some soft books and Sophie. That was really all she needed.

Cheerios or puffs were a lifesaver. It helped pass the time on the plane and we used snacks as a last resort when we were at the beach.

The only issue we really had was the sand. All she wanted to do was eat it! We ended up bringing a sun tent but it got too hot so she played on a HUGE beach towel but spent most of the time lounging in our umbrella stroller (we have the Britax B-Nimble and I totally recommend it). 

have fun!
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"