Single Parents

helpful tip for closure and good for the little one -- my snow day project

as I am doing some pre delivery cleaning / organizing / purging, I was faced w a load of digital pics on computer . my ex and I had been together for about four years and were in midst of drawn out break up when I got pregnant -- am 30 wks now. so.. I just made a photobook on shutterfly w various pics of us through the years and some little captions-- (My parents divorced when I was a toddler and I never saw pics of them together until I was in my 20's)-- I made a copy for each of us to have in our homes and occasionally read thru w the little one to give a glimpse of the good times that led to the pregnancy. it was of course a bit emotional but I think will be well worth the effort ! (and also nice to get done before baby is here and/or things get a little hairy between us) -- not just patting myself on back here but wanted to share this project -- was helpful on a many levels ! all the best ;)

Re: helpful tip for closure and good for the little one -- my snow day project

• That's a great idea.
  • edited December 2013
    I have a box with a sweat shirt and some pictures of his dad in it, but thats really as far as ive gotten
  • Loading the player...
  • That is a good idea . A couple weeks ago I bought a scrapbook and a photo album to do the same thing.....so LO can have it.... But I'm not sure I'm ready to go through a box of memories I packed away..... Eventually I will do for LO...
  • All my pictures are scattered or on my computer, which I haven't had time to open in the last 6 months. LOL. I did start a record book, my BF gave it to me thinking it was a photo album but then, when he realized what it was, told me he bought it anyway because he knew how much my family tree meant to me and how he wants that for her too, regardless of the fact that he's not her blood relative.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • this was definitely not an easy project .. but tonight when being reminded again what surprisingly poor character my ex has been revealing -- well it makes me feel even better that I made the book.. bc I can sadly tell that as the years go by those good time memories will surely fade ...happy to give the child a glimpse of it while I'm still capable! deep breaths .. focusing on moving forward and learning from all this craziness !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"