April 2014 Moms
Options

Talking to baby

So how many of you talk to your baby now that he/she can hear? I think it's amazing and love thinking that he can hear me but for some reason I just feel silly talking to my stomach. Although sometimes I do sing extra loud in the car for him:) just curious who else out there sings or talks to their baby bellies!

(Sorry if this has already been a discussion previously!)
BabyName Ticker

Re: Talking to baby

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    when I'm about to eat something super yummy, I always tell him how he's in for a treat!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    All the time. DH reads to her every night!
  • Options
    Not really but I feel like I talk aaaaaaaaaaaaall day to DD, so he definitely gets the "benefit" of multiple singings of Itsy Bitsy Spider, readings of Sandra Boynton, and continual rambling with a toddler.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    I sing to my belly but feel kind of awkward talking to it. Lol
  • Options
    I mostly sing to him although he probably hates it because I'm no vocalist. I talk to him mostly when he's doing somersaults and I can see them. It feels less weird that way lol
  • Options
    DH was just kissing baby goodnight and I said I think she can hear you now.

His response...stay away from boys! :P

Being a protective daddy already.

• Options
    I can always tell when she's excited because my son will talk to her and she about busts out of my stomach. She's obsessed with him already!
  • Options
    All the time! Even since before she could actually hear me. I love feeling that closeness with her. SO also wants to read her books while in my belly. I hadn't heard of that before but seems fairly common with you ladies ;)
  • Options
    I talk to them every day!!  I love it!  Especially when I feel them kick right after I talk to them.. : )
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC SINCE 7/2010, BFP-10/2010 ended in miscarriage 11/2010 : (.....
    Progesterone level 4/2011= 11.29. SA normal. HSG normal.
    8/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 35,
    10/11 Clomid 50mg =BFN progesterone level 31,
    11/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 12,
    12/11 Clomid 50mg=Progesterone 31
    01/12-Break from meds-BFN
    Feb-cd3 blood work FSH(5), AMH(0.56) 02/12 Break....
    03/01/12-Clomid 50mg with IUI #1=BFN.
    04/01/12-Another round of clomid with IUI#2=BFN.
    5/8/12-Diagnostic Laparoscopy-found minimal endometriosis and small fibriod.
    June and July-much needed break
    August-Bravelle 75 with IUI#3- BFN
    September-Bravelle injects with IUI #4-BFP!! MC 10/7/12 : ( Sonohysterogram-Normal
    December- Bravelle(3 good follicles & E2 1252) with IUI#5 BFFN :*(
    July IVF #1- BFP! : )  Beta #1-245, #2- 703, #3- 1655, #4- 3553 YAY!  Praying and Praying this one sticks around!
                      1st U/S scheduled for Aug 23rd!  
    Twins!!
    We are having a BOY & a GIRL !!

• Options
    I'm a fourth grade teacher so I feel like I never stop talking. We joke that she's going to come out doing long division and writing narratives.
    Kinder teacher over here!  And yes, lots of talking all day long.  I also tend to talk to him after he kicks me for attention.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I teach first do I'm talking all day. I'll occasionally talk specifically to baby but I'm not seeing any movement and not even feeling that much so it still feels a little weird.
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Options
    Now I feel like I'm the weird one because I don't talk to my belly.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    I sing to her in the car and join in on the coversations that hubs has with her.
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    J&NL said:
    Now I feel like I'm the weird one because I don't talk to my belly.
    I'm right there with you.
  • Options
    I'm a fourth grade teacher so I feel like I never stop talking. We joke that she's going to come out doing long division and writing narratives.
    Me exactly! Gotta love fourth grade :)

• Options
    I've felt too awkward to do too much talking but I sing in the shower or in the car all the time. DH won't talk to belly yet but it's kind of unfair that with his lower pitch the baby would be able to hear him better anyway. I rub my belly and send happy, lovey vibes though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"