High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Friday bedrest checkin

Good morning ladies! Yay its Friday!

How did everyone sleep?

Milestones, appts, updates?

Qotd: Any weekend plans?
BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
Its a surprise! Team green!

Re: Friday bedrest checkin

• Options
    I slept ok, going to try to fall back asleep right now.

My nst was better yesterday, baby had been sleepy the past 2 Times. I have a ultrasound Monday. My doctor tried to get me in this week because she thinks my fluid is low normal and just wants more info, but they had nothing till Monday. That makes me nervous that she wanted me in this week. I hope she is just being extra cautious.

I have my last shower this weekend. should be fun! I kind of want to see hunger games in Sunday. There is a theater by my house with recliners. I also don't want to overdue it with my shower being Saturday. We will see tho.

• Options
    @roses87-yeah for a better nst! And t Nd ps on the u/s Hope you have fun on you shower @mrsstrum45 yay for 39 weeks! Hope your not too uncomfortable I did not sleep, up since 2 am dont know whats going on...was contemplating going to the evaluation unit yesterday because LO wasnt moving soo much, but after dinner he made me change my mind. Were suppose to have another winter storm so ill be inside...taking it easy...i hope i can get this pessary out on monday.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Roses-It sounds like your doctor is probably just keeping a good eye on you, that's good.  Enjoy your shower!  How fun!
    @mrssturm-Congrats on 39 weeks!!  Wow, that's so great.  I love the name Logan Alexander.  We're STILL struggling with a name for our little guy.  
    @bossyfnp-How far along are you again?  I was researching the pessary but my doctor didn't go for it.  It sounds like it has worked out well for you, that's great!

I was up late last night but slept pretty well.  Our 19 mo. old woke up at 6 (early for her) and was yelling 'touchdown!' repeatedly and singing and talking jibberish to herself for about a half an hour before she fell back asleep.  I was so tired but enjoyed listening to her.  

Today I have a big appointment...talking cerclage removal date, possible modified bed rest date, my final ultrasound date, and other 'near-term' things we never thought we would ever get to.  I'm 34w4d today and am so very grateful but still hoping to get some more time in. :)  

No big plans this weekend besides pointing my finger around and (nicely) telling my hubby what to do as we prep for the baby.  Nesting on bed rest is tough!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @JandM524- youll have a busy appt today.. Im 33w3d. Im interested in why your mfm didnt go for it? I hear different things. I know its not standard practice for one to be used. My cervix was sooo short though i'd try anything..
  • Options
    @Roses-Enjoy your last shower this weekend!  And glad your dr is keeping close tabs on you.
    @mrssturm-39 weeks, reason to celebrate!
    @Bossy-Glad your LO picked up the pace after dinner, always nerve wracking!
    @JandM-LOL at the touchdown commentary!  Good luck this afternoon!

Not too much here, preparing for snow as well.  Small contraction scare again last night, but they ended up going away.  I'm very curious as to when the real thing will start. 

QOTD-No weekend plans as we are supposed to get 6-12" of snow!  Hoping to see my boys before they are stuck in the house for a day or two!
  • Options
    @morgandegan- You get to come home soon, don't you? How many days? I am sure you have a count down going ; )

• Options
    @Roses-Monday is supposed to be the big day!  So long as I can stay pregnant ;-)  My nurse just told me today marks 100 days that I've been in the hospital.  I'm hoping someone bakes me a cake!
  • Options
    @bossyfnp-I have a cerclage that has made my cervix very irritable.  My body sees it as a foreign object and any kind of simulation down there (spec exam or transvaginal ultrasound) is very, very painful and sets my body in a tizzy for day or sometimes weeks after.  My doctor thought that a pessary would just aggravate things further.  
  • Options
    @maitaibeth - sorry you have to join. What brings you to bed rest? I am on mobile so if u have a ticker I don't see it. How many weeks are you and when is your due date? Is this your first pregnancy? Bedrest can be hard especially in the beginning, you get use to it. Is best for many tho!

• Options
    Welcome @maitaibeth. I have a pessary and a cerclage but only a singleton pregnancy. I was at 0.6cm and with the interventions went back to 1cm. It can be real scary just take it day by day, week by week. but thats easier said than done
  • Options
    @maitaibeth - I am sorry to here this. Are they willing to do a cerclage as well? Are you on medications such as progesterone? Procardia? My cervix measure 0.8 at 27 weeks. I will be 34 weeks on monday! So its possible to hold out. I am only on medication, my cervix was caught at 24 weeks and it was too late for a cerclage.  Best of luck to you. This daily post has been great support for me. 

• Options
    @Maitaibeth-Sorry you have to join but you're in a good place!  I was put on strict bed rest at 20 weeks for a short cervix with a singleton and was terrified.  On Monday I will be 35 weeks.  I have a cerclage but have been funneled to the stitch and have an ever shrinking cervix.  I am also on p17 shots once a week.  I think what mainly has gotten me this far is the bed rest.  I was VERY strict with myself.  I took very limited showers each week, literally the only time I would get up was to use the bathroom, I would even eat laying down, and staying super hydrated while emptying my bladder frequently.  Even if you are getting up to pee a lot it's better than becoming dehydrated and causing contractions.  

I was having a lot of pressure so my doctor had me prop up the foot of my bed with wood and phone books.  I then also propped up my hips and feet for more of an angle.  It has taken the pressure off of my cervix, if it's possible I would do that too.  I mainly lay on my left side because it is the recommended position but I switch it up sometimes if I need to get comfortable.  

I heard about success stories using the pessary with twins so that's awesome that you have one!  It sounds like you're doing well for your girls.  Keep up the good work and congrats! :)
  • Options
    MaiTaiBeth-So sorry that you are joining us.  Although I'm only carrying a singleton, I was also put on bed rest for a short cervix and preterm labor.  I've been having contractions and been funneled down to my cervix since 23 weeks, and here I am at almost 34!  I do not have a cerclage as it was too risky, but am on 17P shots and Procardia (was also taking Indocin up to 32 weeks).  Best of luck to you, this check in group has been so unbelievably helpful and supportive, you can do it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"