Late Term and Child Loss

2nd angelversary... rainbow baby mentioned

How time flies! Today it has been two years since we found out that our sweet boy had died. Tomorrow will be two years from his birthday and the last time I held him in my arms. Everyone around me talks about tomorrow like it Will the the "difficult" day, and it will. But for me today is harder. I count the minutes. "This is when I stopped feeling him move. This is when we left for the doctor. This is when I knew he was gone. This is when they did the ultrasound to be sure. " On and on all day. I'm pretty sure I could recount every minute. I know what socks I was wearing. I remember the nurse who came in and hugged me. I remember stopping at the gas station on the way to the hospital and calling a co worker to tell them why I wouldn't be in. Having to wait until the next day to deliver was agony.

An acquaintance on Facebook recently posted that she's tired of all the negativity of the people around her. She has never experienced a tragic personal loss and I want to shake her and say, "don't you know how much this hurts? How can I be happy today when I will never hold my child again!?" My daughter is my saving grace... the bright spot on this miserable, dark day. She's so happy and beautiful and brings so much joy. I am so thankful for her. And when people tell me that she must fix this, it feels like a knife in my heart. Yes, I love her. Yes, she is a blessing. Yes, she brings more joy than I could have ever imagined. But she is not my son. She is not a replacement baby. To think of her as such cheapens my love for both of them and I refuse to do it.

So, what's the point of all this... I don't know. To get it out there on a day that no one else remembers but me. To feel better about my feelings I suppose. Because I know that this is one place where others will understand.

I love you, sweet boy. I miss you every day. Take care of your sister and this new baby growing and we'll see you when we see you! Xoxo
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: 2nd angelversary... rainbow baby mentioned

• Your post is just beautiful. You won't be alone as you get through today and remember the magic of your son. I'll be sending you lots if thoughts for comfort and peace. <3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

imageimage
  • Sending lots of (((hugs))) on a very difficult day.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Beautifuly stated. Thinking of you and your sweet boy today and tomorrow. Hugs!

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• hugs to you today and tomorrow...happy angelversay baby gary!

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• ***Siggy warning***

You stated everything perfectly. You cannot cheapen the love you have for your daughter by saying she is a replacement of your son. They are different people and always will be. I took think the days leading up are harder. (Thinking about knowing they were alive and fine, that last appointment where you heard their heartbeat, finding out something was wrong, the day before delivery and all that went into it.) Those memories are so much harder for me than the memories I have of actually holding her, seeing her face and exploring her body to memorize every piece of it. 

Thinking of you today and tomorrow. Praying for peace in the midst of the emotional storm. 

Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• ((hugs))

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • BIG BIG (((HUGS))) to you today & tomorrow!! We won't forget baby Gary.

I completely understand what you are saying about others misunderstanding and thinking of your Rainbow Baby as a "replacement". It is like a stab to the heart but I don't think that there is anyway to make them understand. You know the truth. We know the truth. And perhaps most important of all, your children know the truth. They know your love for them and that is what matters.

I hope you find some peace through the next few days. We are here for you!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

• **DS mentioned**

Well stated! People say similar things to us "at least you have Landon" - like that somehow makes my love and pain for Colton easier. I know I am blessed to have a living child, but don't tell me that I can't still hurt over losing Colton.

Thinking of you on these difficult days. Thank you for sharing, we all understand, as much as we can, and will be thinking of you. ((Hugs))

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • I'm so sorry. What you wrote was beautiful. Sending prayers and hugs to you today!
  • Thinking of you !!!
    DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • I am so sorry, BIG HUGS! A lot of people tell me the same thing about my oldest DD and DS. It frustrates me when they do. They just think since we have other children our hole in our hearts is filled. It is not and never will be filled. 
    Thinking of you and your sweet baby boy you lost. 

Julius Justin - 11/07/2002 - 10 lbs 22 in 
    Isabella Genavieve - 02/03/05 - 7 lbs 11 oz 22 in 
    Arianna Kaitlynn - 04/10/2013 - 4 lbs 15 oz 15 in

BFP 08/10/13 
    TWINS!!!! 09/01/13
    Miscarriage at 12 weeks lost baby B 
    Arianna diagnosed with an Ompalocele at 13 weeks
    Arianna our Angel on 04/10/13 
    BFP 07/20/13
    Our Rainbow due 03/18/14 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimage
  • *****Siggy Warning*****Pregnancy mentioned*****

I completely understand how you feel I think that most people around me expect me not to be sad about Elliott and Ryland because I'm pregnant now, but these babies are most definitely not a replacement.  They never will be and I miss my boys just as much if not more now than I did.  Your sweet boy will never be forgotten.  Big HUGS to you.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• Happy angelversary baby Gary. Big hug to your mommy.
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• Many warm hugs to you!!!
    imageimageimageimageimage 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"