Multiples
Options

nbjenni

Hi Jenni!

The girls on the preemie board suggested that I page you because you might have had a similar experience.  I am almost 23 weeks pregnant with twin boys and it has been a very rough last month, I have been on bed rest because at 19 weeks I developed Incompotent Cervix and had to get a cerclage.  I have now had 2 episodes of leaking fluid and went to the hospital, the first one was right after the cerclage, I had a positive amniosure test and a negative ferning test, fluid around both boys looked good, so they sent me home on continued bed rest.  3 weeks later  (yesterday) I noticed watery fluid in my underwear when I woke up in the morning for a few days and fluidy discharge throughout the day, so I went to my doc.  Baby A's fluid had gone from a 4.6 to a 4.2 AFI (which isn't huge, but I am still concerned) and once again I was given an amniosure and tested positive, but negative nitrozene test and ferning test.  They sent me home on bed rest and said they didn't feel it was a rupture of membrains. 

I am just s confused and scared. I feel like I am waiting for something awful to happen and there is nothing I can do. I really have no answers.  Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful. Can you tell me your story?

Thank you!

Jenny

Re: nbjenni

• Options

My only piece of advice is hang in there!

You story sounds very similar to mine. I had an IC at 19 weeks and they decided NOT to do a cerclage. Two weeks later, baby a's bag was hanging out of my cervix and I was in PTL. Apparently there was some "gunk" or an infection in her bag, causing it to bulge and me to have contractions. They did a rescue cerclage, which pierced her bag. I leaked fluid for several days and hers went down very, very low - around 2cm I believe. Somehow I stopped leaking (her head may have been pushing against my cervix and stopping the hole) and was sent home. I was given procardia to stop my contrax and antibiotics to prevent infection. I stayed at home on bedrest until almost 37 weeks when I had my scheduled c-section.

I hate that this is happening to you. It is SO scary everytime you sneeze or use the restroom, to think you are stealing their fluid. Everything I read online pointed to horrible outcomes, but miracles really do happen. I'm keeping you and your sweet little boys in my prayers. Feel free to read my blog as well, around the June/July time period is when all this happened.

• Options

Did you leak a ton of fluid or just a consistant trickle? What tests dd they do to determine that it was PROM (ferning, amniosre, nitrozene, FFN)? Did they ever bring up delayed interval delivery?I am off to read your blog now! Thank you so much!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"