January 2014 Moms

Youngest got stitches :( nbr

So not really baby related but went to get girls from mil house & I heard my youngest crying. Went upstairs & saw mil & almost 2 year old covered in blood. She tripped & hit her head on the wood frame of fil chair. She had a nasty gash on her head. I was trying to call dh to tell him I'm taking lo to acute care, he didn't answer. Left oldest with gma & took lo to actute care. She fought the numbing meds so they didn't get much in. She screamed bloody murder when they put needle in everytime. She ended up with 3 stitches, she to how wide it was & shape couldn't glue it. I wasn't sure if I was going to pass out or cry. It was terrible. Nurse have her suckers & stickers & immediately took her for ice cream. The little sweet heart thanked the dr as we left.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Youngest got stitches :( nbr

• Omg, praying LO has a speedy recovery! I'm sorry you and LO had to go through that. Poor thing :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awww I hope she feels better soon. Poor baby. I remember the first time my son hurt himself at grandmas, he fell and shoved his tooth inside his gums and we had to schedule outpatient surgery at the hospital to keep it from abscessing. And my daughter burned all the skin off her forearm at grandmas when she was 1, baking accident long story
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry! That's a lot to handle much less while you're pregnant. How cute she thanked the doctor!
    Married 3/5/11
    BFP: 6/19/12, D&C 8/23/12
    BFP: 5/17/13, Born 12/16/2013

imageimageimage
    January Siggy Challenge: When I am done breastfeeding...

• Oh no, poor baby :( and I know that had to be awful for you! My heart breaks every time DS gets hurt, I can't imagine going through stitches ((hugs))
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Poor little girl! I had to get that shot when I was 5, and it hurts like a SOB! I don't blame her for fighting it! (I got 7 stitches on the corner of my cheekbone)

So scary being on the parent side, too!
    ********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• Oh the poor thing! And poor momma too! It is so hard to hear your child crying in pain! Non medical dr Loli prescribes lots and lots of snuggles tonight!
  • Oh no. That's terrible. :(
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Awww...poor little pumpkin :(

• Oh that made me tense up just reading it! I feel so bad for you and your DD...talk about stressful :( But it sounds like she took it like a champ. And how polite of her to say thank you to the Dr after he had just put her through hell!

imageimage

• After she falls asleep I think in finally going to cry, I Haven't yet, I came close but didn't want to cry infront of her. I squeezed my eyes shut several times when they did the actual stitches. I thought my kids getting their shots was bad. This was way worse. She seems to be doing well. She's going to sleep by mommy tonight just so I can keep an eye on her. Thanks for the t&p ladies
  • :(. Oh no, poor little one! Hope she's on the mend now!!
  • I am so sorry for your LO! I've just been waiting for it with mine, she's so accident prone- I don't know what I'd do though, it would be so hard to watch! If it makes you feel any better though usually (at her age) they scream and cry more because they're being held down, not because of how much it hurts..we had kids who would scream so much whether you wre touching them or not, they really just don't like the situation.

But sorry mama I know that had to be hard, especially with pregnancy hormones! I hope she's feeling better today!

• Aww, your poor dd and you! I'm so sorry! It's the worst thing ever when our children are in pain :-( hope she is doing ok this morning. What great manners she has!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Aww, poor baby! I hope she's feeling better soon. I can't imagine how hard that must have been on you. Nothing worse than seeing your little one hurt and upset. :(
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • That sounds so stressful for both of you! I hope baby girl is feeling better really soon and you never have to make an ER run again!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She's been pretty chipper today thankfully. I don't think she knows she has stitches yet. I can't say I plan on showing her i don't want her messing with them. She told her grandma this am the dr fixed my head. My heart still breaks when I think of it happening
  • (((Hugs))) to everyone, including grandma who is also prob so sad.  My youngest, when she was prob 3 was riding in the back of a shopping cart with her dad while I was working (I worked at Target at the time) he was walking towards me (while I was on the clock) and she was so excited to see me that she asked her daddy to take her out wellllll....she was so excited she fell head first out of the cart onto the floor in front of me!  I had to call a code green on my own kid, it was horrible there was blood everywhere, thankfully I had a thermal on under my work shirt so I took off my shirt to stop the blood...so it took all the employees awhile to realize who it was.  It was such a scary moment.  She ended up with two huge cuts on her face, one they were able to glue and one that had to be stitches...so I totally understand what you are going through.  So lots of hugs and ice cream all around....you totally deserve it!
    BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • That's sad :( she's been doing great so far but tonight she wouldn't let me clean it & put ointment on. I'm guessing she had some flash backs. She screamed bloody murder. Got some ointment on I will try it again tomorrow
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"