1st Trimester
Options

2nd time moms Re: wine drinking!

Though I am not drinking any wine in the first trimester, I do find myself being a little more laid back this time.  I have had sips of my DH's drinks and I might even have a tiny but of red wine tonight with dinner.  I guess I just have a better sense of knowing the extremes, you know?

Re: 2nd time moms Re: wine drinking!

• Options

I've had a sip of DH's scotch here and there - but I'm not much of a drinker anyways. I'm a bit more laid back as far as food goes - I was SO concerned about getting enough calcium that I gained 10 lbs the first tri. This time, I'm talking Caltrate instead of filling up on grilled cheese and chocolate milk!!

• Options

I know what you mean.  We ordered sushi for tonight and though I am not going to eat the raw, I was afraid the first time that the raw could contaminate the cooked!  But I also did not have a taste for it.

I can't wait for my cooked lobster mango roll and my shrimp tempura roll!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I contemplated having a couple sips of wine tonight, but actually smelling it when the bottle opened made me sick!   :)  weird how things change so fast!
  • Options
    I have had a weird aversion to hot tea.  How in the world could hot tea upset my stomach?
  • Options
    I don't think scotch is quite the same as wine...really.  I'm not anti-drinking at all, I think some wine throughout 2nd and 3rd tri is just fine, but scotch in your 1st tri?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am not a scotch drinker, but with my 2nd pregnancy I am realizing that a small sip of things here and there is not going to do any harm, imo.
  • Options
    I've had sips here and there of both wine and DHs beer...no biggie.
    my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
  • Options

imageThe_Jen626:
    I don't think scotch is quite the same as wine...really scotch in your 1st tri?

Yes. Really. Two sips - not two glasses.

I'm eating organic veggies, avoiding caffeine and artificial sweeteners, etc etc etc, and I saw nothing wrong with a couple sips of scotch.

• Options

Darn it - now I am dying for a lobster mango roll.  Crap.

Anyway, I do allow my sips of alcohol when tasting but I did that before.  One thing I'm way more relaxed about this time around is medication.  I refused to take even a single tylenol last time.  This time, bring on the tylenol, colace, unisom, zofran - whatever is needed! 

• Options

we went on a cruise w/ 2 other couples when i was pg. w/ DS and i would have a sip of DH's wine here and there. 

this time around though i dont' have anything going on like that so i probably won't even have any.  and surprisingly enough i don't even want any.  it's very strange b/c normally i am a one glass of wine a night type girl.  :o)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Options
    I definitely feel more at ease because I know what to expect.  Although I am more anxious about the impending delivery because I know how bad it can hurt! 
    Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I still take communion.  I didn't the first time around.  I figure its for God and its such a little amount that I'll probably be alright.
  • Options
    I've definitely been more casual throughout this pregnancy as opposed to my first. It's been kind of nice, actually.
  • Options
    i had a glass of wine with sushi in the first tri. ?i won't be doing that (the wine part) for the rest of the pregnancy because it made me a little nauseous but that's it. ?i think moderation is key and whatever you feel comfortable with.
  • Options

imageShanseur*:
    I still take communion.  I didn't the first time around.  I figure its for God and its such a little amount that I'll probably be alright.

Oooo noooo! Yer baby is gonna git Fetal Jesus' Blood Syndrome! Geeked

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"