Pregnant after a Loss

my team green baby is here!!

Amelia Josephine was born yesterday, 12/30, at 4:03pm. She weighed in at 6lbs 12oz, 20 in long, lots of hair, and very alert.

I started Pitocin at 7:45am and it took a little while for me to really start feeling contractions. I started out at 2cm, 50% effaced when I got the Pit and progressed to 4cm, 80% in 5 hours. At this point, the contrax were getting pretty unbearable and I was slightly hyperventilating, so I decided the epi was the way to go. That went in at 1:20pm and was the oddest sensation. No pain, but a LOT of pressure. It started kicking in about 10 minutes later, which was awesome. When they came to check me at just after 3pm, I was 10cm, 100% and ready to start pushing. So once they got everything set up, it was about 3:40. Not quite 25 minutes later, baby Amelia was here! I had to get an episiotomy, and then a bigger one because once her head was half way out, her heartrate dropped a lot. I'm in a lot of pain recovering from that right now, but other than that I feel fine.  Mia's been breastfeeding like a champ since the beginning and hopefully she'll keep it up once we get home.

Good luck to all the rest of you and thanks for the support you've given me on here!

Re: my team green baby is here!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"