Military Families
Options

TTC on hold because of PCS?

Hey ladies! I haven't posted in here in forever, so as a quick recap: Me- 27, DH- 28 - He's AD Navy.

We are up for orders this month with an anticipated PCS date of Sept. 2014. I was recently Dx with PCOS and I have to take meds to even ovulate (and may even need to trigger, based on this past cycle). Anyway - I'm wondering if any of you have had a due date that almost exactly coincides with your PCS date? How did (would) you handle it? Given my issues, I fear putting TTC on hold but I also fear being due when we're supposed to move.

Share your thoughts!!
Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

Re: TTC on hold because of PCS?

• Options
    Personally, I wouldn't put personal/TTC plans on hold because you "might" get orders.   So much can change with PCS plans, you really can't anticipate when/where.   Same thing with TTC -- it can take  months and months or happen right away.  It sounds like the more cycles you try, the more info you get about how your PCOS is affecting your fertility, which is a good thing.   If you did end up with an EDD at the same time as a PCS, then things can be done to make it easier -- you could look at PCSing earlier or later based on how the pregnancy goes....there are things that can be done to accommodate you.  You wouldn't be the first ones ever in this situation :-)   If you put off TTC (or other major life decisions) because you "might" get orders or there "might" be a deployment, you'd never have kids....

Just my two cents.
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with Avion.  There are options if you do get pregnant and are due around the PCS date.  Heck, my husband was supposed to PCS in March but had it pushed to July so we wouldn't have to pull the kids out of their school 2 1/2 months before school lets out.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with PP's that plans change all of the time. Orders can get canceled or pushed back, so I would continue with your plans. The military will accomodate.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! I didn't know if the military would be accommodating or not... sounds like for the most part they are when they are able.
    Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• Options
    We are PCSing within a few weeks of my due date next year.  Although I haven't gone through it yet, and it's already causing me stress, my opinion is don't wait.  We were supposed to get orders a full 12 months ago and instead DH got extended.  We were trying that whole time (with a deployment thrown in for fun) and I'm so grateful we didn't wait.  Although getting pregnant took longer than expected (even with help!) and now our timing isn't ideal, I wouldn't change a thing because what if we ended up having to wait another whole year for our baby? So many things are unknown and uncertain with the military, and with TTC, so you can't put your family on hold waiting for answers.  

Me: 33, HSG & b/w normal; partial septate uterus   DH: 33, SA good but low morphology (3%)
    Started trying to make a baby Apr'12    Aug'13 DX: Unexplained Infertility
    Sept'13: 50mg Clomid + IUI #1 (13m + 11m post wash) CDs 11&12 + 200mg progesterone 3x daily =
    BFP!     
    Beta 16dpIUI = 391 EDD 6.14.14 Delivered 6.13.14
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Erin1510Erin1510 member
    edited December 2013
    We are set to PCS about 4 weeks before my due date. My husband talked to his command and they are trying their hardest to get him orders off recruiting duty a month early so that we can move when it's more like 8 weeks to my due date.
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"