Raina
54% 64 votes
Rayna
29% 35 votes
See results
16% 19 votes

Re: Raina vs. Rayna?

• Options
    Reina but all our acceptable according to behind the name it just depends which culture your taking it from
  • Options
    Reina but all our acceptable according to behind the name it just depends which culture your taking it from
    I've never seen that spelling before! BTN says Raina and Rayna are both Bulgarian. Reina is Spanish and Yiddish, according to BTN.
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only person I've ever known w/this name spelled it Raina.
    I've never met a person with this name, but a recent post had Rayna in it and people were talking about Rayna/Raina, and I wanted to see how many people spelled it! 
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I know a Rana and a Raenah. I'm not saying those are correct, but they're the only ones I've seen in real life. I think Raina seem more correct to me.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    NerdyLucy said:
    I know a Rana and a Raenah. I'm not saying those are correct, but they're the only ones I've seen in real life. I think Raina seem more correct to me.
    Rana seems like it rhymes with Hannah

and I don't even want to touch on Raenah haha
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    My poll had the name Rayna in it. I had never seen it spelled like that before but I used to read this book called The Rainbabies when I was little and I loved the name but I just changed the spelling because I like names with a Y in them.

It's really cute either way you spell it I think.
    Married 10/06/12. TTC since 10/06/12. BFP #1 12/04/12 EDD 08/16/13. Natural MC 12/15/12. BFP #2 08/16/13 EDD 04/23/14.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My poll had the name Rayna in it. I had never seen it spelled like that before but I used to read this book called The Rainbabies when I was little and I loved the name but I just changed the spelling because I like names with a Y in them.

Rayna is still a legitimate Bulgarian name.
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    nadchael said:

Rayna is still a legitimate Bulgarian name.
    I didn't know that. So many different baby name sites have so many different meanings and origins for names. I saw on one site that it's Scandinavian & Israeli?

I think I'm sold on it either way 
    Married 10/06/12. TTC since 10/06/12. BFP #1 12/04/12 EDD 08/16/13. Natural MC 12/15/12. BFP #2 08/16/13 EDD 04/23/14.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know two Raynas and 1 Raina so Rayna looks the most correct to me. The one I've known the longest was named for her parents Raymond + Ramona.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Reina, because I'm spanish. It means Queen.

Favorite TV Mom: Tami Taylor
  • Options
    I voted Rayna bc the pronunciation is the clearest. Raina could be rah-EE-nah...there are enough Spanish speakers around here it could be frequently pronounced that way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I knew someone with the name. She spelled it Reina.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Options
    I would spell it Reina because that's how you spell it in Spanish.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    I know three people with this name. They all spell it Reina.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I voted Rayna bc the pronunciation is the clearest. Raina could be rah-EE-nah...there are enough Spanish speakers around here it could be frequently pronounced that way.

Spanish was my first language and i would never have thought to pronounce Raina like rah ee nah. But I also was in English classes right at kindergarten so it could just be me.
  • Options
    macska3macska3 member
    edited December 2013
    I'm not going with the Spanish one, because it's Spanish. I'm not Spanish at all.

ETA: I like the A spellings better
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"