Parenting after a Loss

for those who were on bed rest...

maybe a dumb question, but is sitting up okay if i prop my feet up?  or do i really have to be laying down?  i'm not on strict bed rest, and it's more of a precaution at the moment, but i'm finding it hard to just lay down.  my hips hurt, and i run out of positions that are comfortable. 

Re: for those who were on bed rest...

• Mine just meant no moving around, I am sure you are ok sitting up with your feet up. 

Kerri

• If you're not on strict bed rest, I would think it would be OK.  I started out on modified bed rest where sitting up with feet propped was OK--the doctor just wanted me off my feet and to take it very easy.  That wasn't working so I ended up having to lay on my left side (bed rest was for BP issues). 

I'm sorry you're dealing with this : (

• Loading the player...
  • I went from bedrest, to hospital bedrest....Regular bedrest was described to me as laying in bed, on the couch or feet up in a recliner....

Hospital bedrest (which sucks!) is only up to go to bathroom from the bed....

• When I was on bed rest, I was to lbasically stay off my feet and lie on my left side as much as possible.  Like you said, it got so uncomfortable at times so I did sit up.  I am sure it is fine as long as you are off your feet.  Hang in there...I know how hard it can be!

• I was on strict bedrest and was told sitting up was not ok, because it puts pressure on the cervix. I was allowed a certain amount of time up each day (for meals and bathroom visits), and any time sitting up counted towards that.

If your OB didn't say you couldn't sit up, you are probably fine - mine made a point to tell me not to, so I think they would have told you if they wanted you horizontal only.

And I hear you on being uncomfortable - bedrest SUCKS the big one! I got a pinched nerve in my leg from laying so much, it was extremely painful! Try to move your legs and make little circles with your feet to prevent any problems with your circulation. Hopefully you won't be on bedrest too long!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds good to me. :) I was only on bedrest for 4 days and it was in the hospital, but they made me lay down on my left side for over a whole day b/c DD's heartrate kept dropping it. It suuucked. If you can sit w/ feet propped and everything feels ok, do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"