April 2014 Moms
Options

MaterniT21 inconclusive...

Had the blood work drawn almost two weeks ago. I called the OB and they said it just came back today but it came back as inconclusive. They need to redo the blood work. Ugh!! Anyone have this issue? They said its most likely because I have a higher BMI and they couldn't get enough of the baby's DNA. So frustrated... Plus I'm frustrated they scheduled my anatomy scan at 22 weeks instead if 18-20 like everyone else. I just want to know my baby is ok and growing like he or she should.

Re: MaterniT21 inconclusive...

• Options
    I seem to remember someone awhile back who had a couple of inconclusive tests in a row.  Sorry!  I know it's hard to wait.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bummer!  Sorry to hear this.
    image    image    image    image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry this happened; the waiting really is terrible!  Hopefully, you'll get some good results soon.
  • Options
    My understanding is sometimes they just get a bad sample. So sorry you have to wait, but hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

• Options
    FWIW, my doctor said that smaller people have better luck with the earlier ultrasounds, so if you say that you have a higher BMI maybe they are wanting to make sure that they can get the clearest pictures possible.  My practice doesn't do A/S earlier than 20 weeks and my last one didn't, either.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. :) I love all the support on this board.. A14 love
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"