July 2013 Moms
Options

Sex?

I know I'm barely around, and I am so sorry but I don't know how you girls do it... I still have no time for showers let alone posting around...

Anyhow, I have a straight forward question... Is your sexlife as great as pre-pregnancy?

Forget about foreplay and so, I just want to know if you feel the same amount of pleasure as before.

Maybe is TMI, but it still hurts as hell for me :( we are using tons of lub so I can handle it but it's still not as great as before... I mean, I even had better pregnant sex than this!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
*Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

Re: Sex?

• Options
    The answers you get for this will vary greatly. This is such an individualized question.
    As for me, I am still enjoying sex very much. We don't have sex as often ( maybe 1-2 times a week) but I do reach climax almost every time.
    It took me a few tries for sex to be enjoyable again. DH was very patient and gentle. Now there is no discomfort.
    I would suggest you keep trying with the lube. If you have pain during sex you should call your dr. I wish you the best of luck!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Uncomfortable and painful are two different things. Discomfort can be worked through, pain might warrant a trip to the doctor. I do enjoy it, but my boobs still do not.
  • Options
    @stina2012 I have to really make an effort! I enjoy the intimacy and connectedness. I know that once the action is happening it's all good, but sometimes it takes a lot of effort to get in the mood!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    You're not alone. We've only STD 3 times since DD was born. However the last time was awesome so I hope it happens again soon!

imageimageimage

• Options
    Stina2012 said:

Erinm278 said:

@stina2012 I have to really make an effort! I enjoy the intimacy and connectedness. I know that once the action is happening it's all good, but sometimes it takes a lot of effort to get in the mood!

I am a terrible wife. I'd rather sleep! I need to get my mojo running, but it just isn't there for me. Sleeeeppppp.
    Not a terrible wife!! I place sleep high on my list of priorities too!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    Sex feels so much better after baby. I think i might be in the minority.
  • Options
    Erinm278 said:

The answers you get for this will vary greatly. This is such an individualized question.
    As for me, I am still enjoying sex very much. We don't have sex as often ( maybe 1-2 times a week) but I do reach climax almost every time.
    It took me a few tries for sex to be enjoyable again. DH was very patient and gentle. Now there is no discomfort.
    I would suggest you keep trying with the lube. If you have pain during sex you should call your dr. I wish you the best of luck!

This exactly.
  • Options
    Frequency is an issue, but we are both sick a lot recently & just plain exhausted. It was painful until just recently, & still can be if I don't have enough lube/preparation.

The area where I tore still is tender with too much pressure or a "wrong" angle. However, I remember from PP with DD that this lasted a whole year.

Thanks for dropping by.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    It's not bad anymore. I think the more you do it, the more comfortable it becomes.
  • Options
    Sex? What's sex? Poor DH
  • Options
    I had to jump my husband last night. I think since he saw a baby some out of there he has been a little traumatized! Still sore but better.
    babysizer.com pregnancy ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am in the 1% here. At least once a day and much more pleasurable on the whole. But I maybe weird. :)
  • Options
    @fabk - so jealous
    babysizer.com pregnancy ticker

• Options
    better than pre-pregnancy
    It didn't hurt for me.  I was surprised.
  • Options
    Definitely maybe once a week. I feel bad for DH because I am simply not interested.… hoping my drive comes back soon.

• Options
    um, it seems like you don't have time to hang with us because you're busy getting it on with your husband. what's up with that? get your priorities straight. ;)

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
  • Options
    mandyrator79mandyrator79 member
    edited December 2013
    to answer your question. it's been painful for a few minutes each time after the birh of all my kids. it gradually got better around six months pp. for me I think it's breastfeeding realated, and my boys started crawling and nursing less around six months old. I also had a csection with all my kids, so it has to be hormone/breastfeeding related for me.

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
  • Options
    Our frequency is down. We do it about 1-2 times a week and sometimes it's hard to get in the mood, but I love to connection and akways really enjoy it once we're in the moment.

This is our third baby and I've found that sex has gotten better fir me after each kid. Not that there wasn't any discomfort to start with, but now that we're past that, I find that whole area is way more sensitive and I think I'm just way more "aware" of sensation down there too.

There are definitely times I'd rather sleep but sex is important to us and really helps us reconnect. Everyone is different though.
  • Options
    Holy shit. I hope my DH doesn't read this. You're "down" to 1-2 times a week? That would be a good week for us.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    Yea...maybe twice a week for us.  I am not too interested most of the time, but like others have said, once we are in the moment it is quite enjoyable.  At first it was super uncomfortable, but it is getting better.  I have to make sure to relax or it is super painful; but I get so nervous it is going to be uncomfortable, then it is...its a vicious cycle.  

• Options
    @fabk
    Nooooo way!!! Really? Once a day? Can you sprinkle some of that drive my way? I've got nothing.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    fabk said:

I am in the 1% here. At least once a day and much more pleasurable on the whole. But I maybe weird. :)

Incredibly jealous! I keep telling DH that we just have to keep doing it so I get used to it again, but he is too scared that he's hurting me and he hates that I'm not enjoying it even with a whole bunch of lube. Maybe I need to start using battery operated devices...
  • Options
    Many many thanks for sharing! I feel better now. I had an emergency c-section so I know my problem is hormonal related to breastfeeding. I am definitely seeing a doctor because I have drive, my problem is technical :P

I hope we all get back to normal soon haha and for the 1% that's enjoying it, I envy you haha
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Options
    KittenD said:

I have a paralyzing fear of sex. I thought the IUD would help but multiple painful exams and then the insane IUD insertion (I almost passed out and it was REALLY BAD) makes me fear sex again. Poor DH. I try but my head just isn't in the game.he spent so much time and tenderness getting me over the sexual abuse and now I'm back to this. It's awful.

I'm so sorry. :(

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    KittenD said:

I have a paralyzing fear of sex. I thought the IUD would help but multiple painful exams and then the insane IUD insertion (I almost passed out and it was REALLY BAD) makes me fear sex again. Poor DH. I try but my head just isn't in the game.he spent so much time and tenderness getting me over the sexual abuse and now I'm back to this. It's awful.

I'm so sorry. Hugs. Be gentle on yourself. As a survivor of sexual abuse, sex and intimacy are so much more complicated for you than they are for most adults. Try not to beat yourself up over it. You can still be a good wife even if you struggle with sex.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    SO is expecting it today. He will be disappointed.

Maybe if he wanted sex badly enough, he would apologize for calling me a bitch and making me cry earlier this week. Apparently he mustn't be too desperate yet.

When we DTD, it's not terribly comfortable, but that's mostly bc he doesn't take the time to be sure things are all lubed up. Asshole.

Hmmm, I might be mad at him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Pink724 said:

Holy shit. I hope my DH doesn't read this. You're "down" to 1-2 times a week? That would be a good week for us.

This is what I was thinking. My husband is luck for once every couple of weeks..poor guy. I pretend like I'm sleeping most if the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"