March 2014 Moms
Options

3 lb baby at 27 weeks

Eek! I know the measurements can be wrong but right now they're estimating my baby boy to be about 3 lbs. I have to go back in 4 weeks to check again.

I was tested for gd and I passed the one hour test. I was super worried after my ultrasound!

Re: 3 lb baby at 27 weeks

• Options
    I had an ultrasound the other day and am also 27 weeks, she said baby was about 2 lbs 6 oz and I thought that was big. It could be off too. I wouldn't worry too much but if you are ask the doctor.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    How many weeks did they say that was ahead?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't worry too much. LO is measuring 2 weeks ahead for me as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My niece was born at 27 weeks. She was 2 lbs 7oz. So it's not out of the realm of normal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I was born at 27 weeks and weighed 2lbs 9oz...so those measurements don't seem that off

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
    BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
    Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
    Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
    Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

• Options
    At 26 weeks our little girl was estimated at 2 lbs 11 oz. I'm also a little worried about the glucose test next week. What a relief for you that you already passed! My other worry about a bigger baby is that my doctor is pushing me more towards a repeat c section instead of a VBAC
  • Options
    They said his stomach was measuring two weeks ahead. I'm okay with a big baby as long as he isn't 11 lbs like my brother was! ;)
  • Options
    Could just be a growth spurt. DS went through that. He evened out. Although it seems on track.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really dont trust the estimates, they told me my son was only 6lb and he was born at 10lb 3 oz. So it was way off.

• Options
    My son weighed 2lbs 11oz when he was born at 27+0 and was considered very big for his gestation - but the U/S we had 6hrs before he was born said 2lbs 6oz so there are big discrepancies in U/S weight vs actual weight!
  • Options
    Our LO was 2 lbs at 27+0. I'm not trusting it 100% though.
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had an u/s Monday and was 26w1d and they said LO was measuring 2lbs 5oz, seems like the norm here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else: ultrasound measurements are often incorrect and/or LO could be having a growth spurt. 3 lbs doesn't sound too abnormal to me--just over 2 lbs is expected and bigger doesn't mean anything is wrong.
    LO was in the 77th percentile at 22 weeks because she weighed more than some babies at her gestational age.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"