Parenting after a Loss

Happy Early New Year

Dear all, you may laugh, but our New Years plans are Pizza, snacks, fruit and Cool Whip, bubbly for the 2 adult MI's, and Ginger ale ( a small amount) for the 2 small MI's. 

Then, "Baby New Year" (whomever that is) is going to come during the night and leave a little present for Mario and Isa (a new book, some silly putty which is probably a mistake).  Baby New Year is the one who will be basically bribing Isa into going and staying in bed.

Then we are breaking out the serious cheese, olives, wine, munchies and movie. We might even make it to midnight.

I am so thankful for all you ladies.  Many of you held my hand last year on this date, as I had another m/c and had a suspicious looking benign tumor that one doctor insisted was cancer.  We ended up at Georgetown, and the doctors said "nope-all clear". 

I am so thankful you were here too when we waited with baited breath to go back for Mario this past year.  I can not imagine a New Year without him, or Isa.

I am so thankful and hopeful you will be here when our final child completes our family.  It is New Years there (time difference), and I am thinking about her tonight and can't wait to be able to get her safe and warm into our somewhat dysfunctional but overall happy family. :)

I am thankful everyone posting is now parenting!  As grueling as it can be, and we all know it can be, we have all come out the other side of something really tough (a loss) and kept on going.  And I think that is cool, even though it is so hard at times.

I hope everyone's 2009 brings them peace, joy, and in my case, a full time nanny! :/  Seriously, may you all have what your heart desires in the new year.  Much love, Jill, Andy, Isa, Mario, and "the baby".  

Re: Happy Early New Year

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"