Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Is honey OK now?

I just realized today that DS is over 1 and can technically have honey, but I'm still afraid to give it to him! It's probably because I've been so scared someone would accidently feed him honey over the past year that it's a deep rooted fear now lol.

So is honey ham deli meat OK? Graham crackers? I probably won't give him regular honey for a while since it's so sticky and nothing good could come out of it Stick out tongue

Re: Is honey OK now?

• Options
    Yes, I remember only giving honey graham crackers at first though.  She still hasn't had straight honey yet.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Our pedi gave the OK to all honey at the 12 month visit.

DS still hasn't had straight honey yet either, though.  No particular reason why not.  I guess it just hasn't crossed my mind!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMamaNikki:

Our pedi gave the OK to all honey at the 12 month visit.

DS still hasn't had straight honey yet either, though.  No particular reason why not.  I guess it just hasn't crossed my mind!

Ditto.

DD had a cough right at 12 mos and I heard that honey would help but I just couldn't do it!

• Options

Not only is it ok, it's recommended by drs for cough as the PP mentioned. 

The buckwheat honey is best for colds.  

Otherwise?  I wouldn't bother giving it on toast or whatever.  It's just pure sugar with no nutritional value.   As for honey graham crackers?  Well, not much to offer there either.  Unless you can find some fabulous ones that have a bunch of fibre or something...

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    i gave ds a teaspoon of honey the other day for a cough and did not notice much of a diffrence.  no reactions or illnesses came from it.  after one year our ped okayed it.
  • Options
    DD hasn't had straight honey, but she does love honey wheat pretzel sticks!
    Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"