Single Parents
Options

Terrific Tuesday!

Hi everyone! I feel like we need an upbeat day once a week to really appreciate what we have! What do you all think? It could be any day of the week, but today I'm feeling extra awesome.  Like, I feel like I could get away with wearing a cape to work and announce that I'm a super hero.  No particular reason why, just feel that awesome. I can tell that today is going to be a great day!  My DD has been sickly with a cold for a little while now, but I can see she's starting to finally feel better! And she is sitting up all on her own and I can get her to stand (with a little support)! She still doesn't roll over, but every baby is different. LOL

Anyone else?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Terrific Tuesday!

• Options
    I think this is a great idea... My Tuesday was good because I found a $50 gift card I thought I lost and I got a TON of work done in the nursery.  Small victories.
  • Options
    I guess this didn't really catch on, haha... But it's Tuesday again and I'm super happy because my mom is driving up (lives an hour away) to go to a childbirth class with me.  I don't mind going to them alone, but it'll be nice to have her there tonight.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe it will take a little while to catch on :) LOL

• Options
    I think I'm just going to post on this thread whenever I feel awesome, you know, to keep it up at the top. LOL

It's been such a good week so far (outside of work, of course).  I started DD on solids on Thanksgiving (sweet potatoes) and she did very well with them! We just started her on carrots and she's like "whaaaa?! I LOVE THIS! I ONLY WANT CARROTS" which is hilarious but makes it so hard to try anything else. Hahaha! I have a video of my mom feeding her the carrots, she brings the spoon anywhere near DD and DD just dives for the spoon.  It's adorable. <3
  • Options

@roxalot How old is DD? Do you make your own purees for carrots and potatos? 

TT - I have slowly but surely been sewing all the crib bedding and last night I finished the bumper ties (I know, bumpers = death but this will mostly be for decoration and will be taken out when she starts sleeping in crib.) Feeling ACCOMPLISHED!

• Options
    DD is almost 6mo old, and I do make my own purees. I used frozen carrots but fresh sweet potatoes.  I also made squash the other day (both acorn and butternut), and those I bought fresh too.  There are some things I buy fresh because they're cheaper and some that I buy frozen.  I don't want to buy any of the pre-made jars because I keep seeing people post pictures of mold and stuff that they find in all the baby foods... just makes me sick that people can't pay enough attention to their products that mold could slip through all the quality checks, you know?

And that is awesome! I'm not crafty enough for sewing, but I found this really awesome candle craft which is basically just transferring images to candles via wax paper. :D Cheap Christmas gift for my parents since I literally have $4 until my next paycheck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"