March 2014 Moms
Options

hi-low dressser/changing tables

Anyone know where I can find one? I really like this one from pottery barn kids but it is 1,300 and I think that is a bit ridiculous for their stuff. I found 1 on amazon but it looks really cheap.

Here is the pottery barn one:

Larkin Hi-Lo Changing Table with Water Base Finish, Sun Valley Espresso

Me: 33 DH: 32 SA#1 low count (6mil) SA#2- now in IUI range!(30mil) Dx:MFI
11/1- IUI#1,12/1- IUI#2, 1/2- IUI#3 all BFFN
IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
First u/s 4/8 saw hb. 4/22 missed mc 8w3d. d&c 4/26
FET #1- bcp start 6/9. ET 7/12. 2 perfect blasts.5dpt-BFP!! 
Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

Re: hi-low dressser/changing tables

• Options
    Just throwing this out there, but you might not like this once LO gets a little bigger...  There's no room for LO's legs to go except to dangle off the edge of the table.  It's really nice having a longer flat dresser so that as LO gets bigger, the table will grow with him/her. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @katykatykaty- do you still use a table to change DD? So many people have told me they barely ever used the changing table and usually just use the ground.

IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    htn1763 said:
    @katykatykaty- do you still use a table to change DD? So many people have told me they barely ever used the changing table and usually just use the ground.
    This is probably a personal thing, but I never once changed my daughter on the ground in our home. I never understood it...why would I get on the floor when I can stand there so much easier.
  • Options
    We do, but maybe we're in the minority.  I really like all the storage that table offers, though. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    htn1763 said:

My DS is 26 months and we still use the change table to change him. I find changing him on the floor awkward.
    Anyway I agree with @katykatykaty, that type of change table doesn't leave much room for bigger children to be changed.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I found a couple last night on craigslist with this same style :)
  • Options
    I rarely changed my daughter on the top of the changing table. I always did the ground after she was a newborn. She was always super wiggly. 
  • Options
    If you really want that style wayfair.com has tons of options and I think even target online has a few. I thought I wanted this style but ended up going with a long dresser instead, that has a removable changing table top. I think in the long run a regular dresser will be more useful.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    thanks everyone!

• Options
    We never used a changing table, we thought it may be extra piece we wouldnt need, and didnt. We changed in crib on a change pad and as we lowered crib just moved to floor on changing pad
  • Options
    laurendomlaurendom member
    edited December 2013

We stopped after a while (but I only used a short dresser anyway, not an actual changing table and DD hates changing tables elsewhere anyway.)

I don't mind sitting on the ground. Plus, if I'm tired I am sitting, or if I forgot something, I don't have to worry about leaving her laying on a high surface. Downside, DD likes to run around sometimes. All in all she lays there and then sits on my lap for me to brush her hair, we snuggle when she is in her towel and its chilly.

DD - Lucia Alessandra 6/18/12  ~~~  Welcoming Baby Boy!! - 3/26/14

• Options
    I'm another one that doesn't get changing her on the ground. She's super wiggly but on the table she knows that she can't go anywhere. At my parents over the weekend we used a pad on the bed and it was SO much harder to keep her still. She wanted to roll over and get away. I'm planning on a dresser for this LO, but I have a traditional table for DD because she has an armoire in her room. I think I'm going to miss the actual changing table!
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    So many people are just doing a regular hip high dresser and adding the changing pad to it. I like that look!

• Options
    springbaby03springbaby03 member
    edited December 2013
    I'd do this...saves lots of $, recycles ugly furniture and its completely big kid even teen friendly.

I agree with katykatykaty, it won't fit baby long then what will you do with it? To use for anything else its a bit of an awkward shape.
  • Options
    @bennieangel The pads come with little strap thingies to attach to the dresser.  I think maybe they screw into it?  We just used the back one and screwed it into the back of the dresser so that it would stay up there but also wouldn't have permanent holes in the front of the dresser.  We haven't had any issues with it moving around. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

If you really like that style there are tons of options from JC Penney. Here's the page with changing tables:

https://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jsp/search/results.jsp?fromSearch=true&Ntt=changing+table&ruleZoneName=XGNSZone&_requestid=8164084 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I saw a style just like that on target.com the other day. good luck!

• Options
    We did the changing pad on a long dresser (Hemnes dresser from IKEA) and it worked really well. Plus, the dresser can still be used in my daughter's room for as long as necessary.  We plan on doing the same with #2, just getting a different dresser.
  • Options
    We still use our changing table at 25 months!  Like pp said, DD seems to know that she can't go anywhere off the changing table so she lays still.  The floor is much more challenging.  We have a regular dresser with a pad on top.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"