August 2012 Moms

Who is still bf'ing?

Who is still BF'ing?

Ds quit at 13.5 months. I would still be bf'ing if he didn't choose to stop. It devastated me. I totally loved every minute of it. I tried to pump the other day, simply because since we moved, he keeps getting sick... All I got was really yellow, thick drops. Nothing else. I also tried to see if ds wanted to bf, nope looked at me like I was loony. That made me very sad. I am just thankful that I got to bf 13.5 months! :)

When did you quit?

If still bf'ing, when do you plan on stopping?

Re: Who is still bf'ing?

• I am, but I stopped with my older two around 12 mo and  15 mo.  I'm sorry you feel bad about your son weaning, try not to let it get to you!  You did amazing going that long!  

I'm going to nurse Emery until he's 5.

It feels like that someday, anyway.  There really is no end in sight. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• You should feel proud that you made it as long as he needed you to but I know from experience that all logic does nothing to stifle the emotions associated with nursing. Sorry it was hard but I bet any time he quit would have been hard. 

I'm still going pretty strong here and think I may have to wean him if I ever want to stop. I am happy to go until two but hope to end some time around then. 
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Loading the player...
  • We are, before bed and right away in the morning. It's the first thing he wants every day, he will follow me around and pull my shirt down whining for it. Like other pp have said, at this point I think I'm going to have to wean him if I want to stop. But I think I'm content with going until he's 2yo.
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • DS quit at 11 months. I just followed his lead, he just wouldn't anymore. It was a little sooner than I had wanted, but it worked out nicely because it was right before. I went back to work so I didn't have to deal with working and pumping.
    image image
  • No end in sight here either. I guess I'll do what I did with DD1 and let her quit in her own time. I do hope it's not as long though.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Mina self weaned after her birthday. I offered and she repeatedly refused.
    Personally, I was glad she did it. I was worried about how hard weaning might be.
  • We are just BFing in the morning. Though yesterday afternoon she found the Boppy which I had put away and asked for milk.  

Do not feel bad.  You provided for you LO for a long time.  Some kids just have their own timetable about nursing.
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD is almost 16 months.

Monday through Friday, DD BFs about 3x a day - first thing in the morning, when I get home from work, and at bedtime.  She was getting up once in the MOTN to feed, but something about daylights savings time ended that.  Since then, about once a week, I still have a MOTN BF, if she can't settle herself back to sleep.

On weekends, she'll BF about 5 times still.  At the times mentioned above, and then before her 2 naps. 

I can see she is less interested at some sessions, and sometimes will only BF for a few minutes.  Or sometimes she just wants to "check in".  She's cut out alot of sessions on her own.  So I'd like to see if we can "self wean" as much as possible.  I'd like her to cut out the weekend nap sessions since I'm sure its just for comfort. 

I met my origional goal of 12 months.  So now it's just month-by-month.  I wouldn't mind keeping the morning and bedtime sessoins around until she's two.  But we'll see. 

Does anyone else get the "OMG!  You're still BFing?"  from people?  I never know how to respond.  It's not like it's a switch, that you (or your LO) can just turn off at 12 months.  Then I try to explaine that the whole 12 months thing is just with respect to when you can introduce cow's milk.  That baby should only have formula or BM in the first 12 months.  And that WHO recomends continuing until 2 years.  I get blank stares!  I'm pretty sure my friends are planning an intervention! 

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• DS nurses to sleep at his nap and bedtime still. He's not getting anything (I don't think), it's purely comfort at this point.

I'm not sure when he'll wean completely but we're trying for a second baby in January, so I'd prefer to start the process soon.
  • DS nurses to sleep at his nap and bedtime still. He's not getting anything (I don't think), it's purely comfort at this point.

I'm not sure when he'll wean completely but we're trying for a second baby in January, so I'd prefer to start the process soon.

I had an LC tell me once there's always milk in there so I'm sure LO is getting at least something.

Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Still BFing about 3-4 times a day- no end in sight here, either! I stopped pumping in October. But I'll nurse as long as DS wants.
  • I am - however I want to stop!  
    DD is like a NB up every 3 hours at night.  I need my space after 2.5 years (16 months dd will be on Thursday)  I EBF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I need my space. 
    I need sleep 
    lolololo
  • I am! DS is down to 1-3 times per 24 hours. Always at least once a night, usually right when he wakes up in the morning and sometimes after afternoon nap.

I don't think he nursed during the day at all while we were traveling for Thanksgiving. But he is very attached to the MOTN session and that's where he gets the most milk, I think.

I wouldn't mind BFing during the day until he was closer to 2, but I am beyond ready to be done at night. I think I am going to work on night weaning now that we are done traveling for awhile. But that might just be the end because he doesn't care very much during the day...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Still going. I would have liked to have it cut back to just before nap and bed and morning but he is still having little snacks through the day. I would like to be done in February but it isn't looking like that will happen. I really want to switch back to easier medicine, the injections since TTC have made my lower tummy and waste so beat up, bruised, swollen and scarred. I think he will be difficult to wean fully, I have tried and cutting back isn't going well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"