July 2013 Moms
Options

teething tablets?

My great sleeper had a really rough night last night and I'm fairly certain its due to teething. I've heard that baby anbesol is bad because it can numb their throat. I can't get Tylenol in him to save my life...

So that leaves teething tablets. I know nothing about them so I googled and all I'm getting is recall info.

Anyone use these? Is there a safe brand? Is there anything else I can do?

He has only slept a total of about 8 hours in the past 24 hours

Re: teething tablets?

• Options
    Poor little man! I use hylands - never had an issue. Liam smiles when he sees the bottle. Most likely cause he knows he can munch at my finger when I give him the tabs. That's too bad about the difficulty giving him Tylenol - really bad nights that does the trick. Good luck - hope it gets better for you both ASAP!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hylands? Some people here use them and say they're amazing. Something about a recall though a while back, not sure?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, does he just spit the Tylenol out?
  • Options
    I just googled cause I freaked about a recall and it looks like the recall was in 2010 and hylands re-introduced the product without that ingredient in 2011. It's on their website (I am no where advanced enough to post links sorry!)

• Options
    I think @etoille posted about using them? I just bought hylands yesterday but haven't used them yet.
  • Options
    Asbromle said:

Vomits up everything in his stomach. Every single time
  • Options
    holly638 said:

Asbromle said:

Riley did that with Enfamil Vitamin D. We switched to a different kind and it helped. I'd try another kind and maybe call pedi to ask for suggestions. Are you using Tylenol brand? We have Little Tummies brand I think and have t had any issues.
  • Options
    Ok, this may be a stupid question (my apologies) but I haven't used the tablets yet nor seen what they even look like -- how do they work? Is it something that the baby chews on? Dissolves in mouth? Sorry, I'm clueless :)

*On 4.28.11 we said goodbye to our angel baby (D&E at 18.5 weeks)*
  • Options
    casey78 said:

Ok, this may be a stupid question (my apologies) but I haven't used the tablets yet nor seen what they even look like -- how do they work? Is it something that the baby chews on? Dissolves in mouth? Sorry, I'm clueless :)

They are tiny, white chalky tablets.  They dissolve under baby's tongue very very quickly.  My baby never keeps her tongue still enough, so I just push them into her mouth and keep a finger to make sure she doesn't thrust them out until I see it starting to break down (10 seconds, maybe).

I do the same

• Options

they dissolve pretty quick. I place one under Nadia's tongue and hold my finger on it till it melts. it happens really fast. they work amazing. I believe the bottle says to give 2-3, but I have only given 1 at a time and she's like a different baby afterwards.

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
  • Options
    Based on the recommendations on this board we used hylands. He seems to really like it and it helps.
  • Options
    We use Hylands, but orajel makes a natural version that doesn't have the numbing ingredients.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

bought the natural orajel last night and he fell asleep at 9 and was still out when I left at 6am! Hooray!

The hylands tabs still have Belladonna in them so I skipped those.

• Options
    Stina2012 said:
    Riley did that with Enfamil Vitamin D. We switched to a different kind and it helped. I'd try another kind and maybe call pedi to ask for suggestions. Are you using Tylenol brand? We have Little Tummies brand I think and have t had any issues.

We use Little Tummies as well. I'm going to try a different brand and if that doesn't work call about switching to Motrin.
  • Options
    Is hylands sold anywhere like target cvs Walgreens? I've never seen it before.
  • Options
    I saw it at Walgreens
  • Options
    I bought hylands at cvs and I've see it at Walgreens. It seems to work for our LO's. GL you LO gets some relief.
  • Options
    We use hylands as well. Two tablets is the dose I give. I've never had to give it more than once a day though.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    Clyde013 said:
    Is hylands sold anywhere like target cvs Walgreens? I've never seen it before.

@Clyde013 Target has them. I found them in the baby section on the asle with all the baby toiletries.

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"