July 2013 Moms
Options

Big Baby

salsa131salsa131 member
edited December 2013 in July 2013 Moms
My son was born July 9th and is currently in the 99th percentile for head circumference, height, and weight. He weighs 21 pounds and is in size 3 diapers. Anyone else have a baby this large? People are constantly remarking on his size and my family members often mention putting him on a diet which is quite annoying. The pedi says he's healthy, but I still worry...He's a little behind in pushing up on his stomach because of his size. 

Re: Big Baby

• Options
    Btw guys, I was formerly kmgarner25, but I changed my sn. 
  • Options
    Ditto pp.

Why the sn change if you don't mind me asking?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Probably too much personal info? @Jackson290721
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • Options
    I can't believe anyone would actually tell someone to put their 4-6 month on a diet! What is wrong with people.  My baby isn't big for height and weight, but she has a big ole noggin! 77th percentile as opposed to 28th for height and weight. It cracks me up!  If the DR says your baby is healthy, then no worries!  
  • Options
    ljs4117 said:

Probably too much personal info? @Jackson290721

That makes sense!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Options
    Yep, it's kind of a long story as to why I changed my SN. I felt like I should be more careful with internet safety though, and had too much personal info and pics posted. 
  • Options
    DS is is a big boy too and your right I think he's going to take longer to roll over and crawl because of his size. (He hates tummy time)
    Don't worry about what people say. Your baby is happy, healthy and that is all that matters!
  • Options
    Oh, hey! How's little N doing (other than not-so-little)? Are things still going okay for you and your BF? Any news on nursing school?

To answer your question, some babies are just big. He'll even out once he becomes more mobile. No need to put him on a diet. In fact, that extra chub will come in handy when he's a toddler and decides that the world is too exciting for him to sit down and eat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    People need to mind their own business! DD is 92 percentile height and 25 weight. People always comment about how we should be feeding her more. She's followed her curve since birth and she eat all the time (DH nicknamed her the milk monster :)) & her ped is happy with her growth. Babies come in all different sizes - that's what makes them so cute!
  • Options
    I have come to the conclusion that people are basically nosey assholes when you have a baby.....they're too big, too small, are you breast feeding, why aren't you breast feeding, you've been breast feeding too long.....why doesn't she sleep, she sleeps how long? There must be something wrong.....I send a big effffff offfffff!!!!!

Your baby will be just fine, and as previous posters said, once they get moving they have big changes......and as a toddler may decide to be very picky and getting them to gain weight can be a struggle......good job momma......

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My boys were really big babies. Now one is consistently on the 75% curve, and the other on the 50% curve. Things even out when they get older.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My son was a big baby - 95th percentile for height and weight - until a year, then he dropped to the 50th where he is now at 22 mo. Everyone commented about it and I had multiple people tell me to put him on a diet etc.

This baby is ENORMOUS. Waaaay off the charts in head circumference and weight and just a little off the charts for height. She wears her big brothers 12 mo clothes now at 5 mo. No one has made weight comments except my MIL and she practically has a medical condition that requires her to make fat comments on the hour, haha.

Do NOT worry. Babies need fat! Most lean out when they start moving more. Feel free to punch the next person that makes a comment about your baby's size!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"