July 2013 Moms

Giving out baby's info/fund Q

provwifeprovwife member
edited November 2013 in July 2013 Moms
So, my husband's grandfather asked me to give him the LO's social security number and birthday so he and gma can set up a fund for our DD. We aren't very close with them but I would think that would be something my H and I would go with them to do. I'm not too familiar but I do know that they set one up for my H when he was younger and his mom's name is on it...am I suppose to email her social to them? I really don't understand the proper way to give that information to them.

Re: Giving out baby's info/fund Q

• Can you call them with it? That's awesome that they are doing that for your LO :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• babykk said:

Can you call them with it? That's awesome that they are doing that for your LO :)

Yeah, I could do that and it is very nice of them to do. I have always thought the safest way is to have her parents on the account as well, no? I was in banking for awhile and a minor had no access to their funds, only the parent on the account (depending on how the account was set up). I just don't want it where no one will have access to the money once they pass away.
  • Loading the player...
  • provwife said:
    Can you call them with it? That's awesome that they are doing that for your LO :)
    Yeah, I could do that and it is very nice of them to do. I have always thought the safest way is to have her parents on the account as well, no? I was in banking for awhile and a minor had no access to their funds, only the parent on the account (depending on how the account was set up). I just don't want it where no one will have access to the money once they pass away.
    maybe they don't want anyone to have access to it! ;)
  • DHs parents just asked for the same thing to do for Liam. Such a nice idea! Def wouldn't give the SS number over email though!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's such a nice idea.....one thing I have heard that is just a good idea to of is check your kids credit rating throughout their lives to make sure there hasn't been any identity theft.....

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • my grandmother does this. I called and left a voice mail, she deleted it right away. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • I gave m dad her social today because my mom and dad are opening a 529 for her. I have it to him in person but I completely trust them with it.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"