July 2014 Moms
Options

Another N/V question

So I tried searching the boards, but couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I am so nauseous and sick today that I can't keep anything down. I have tried all the tricks and nothing works. Vit b, skipping PNV, changing my diet around, gingerale, unisom, ect. I am seriously so hungry but can't eat anything without it coming right back up. My question is whether or not to go to urgent care for some rx meds. I really wanted to avoid taking rx meds and don't like using urgent care for something this dumb, but it's a Saturday and I don't know if I can make it to Monday when the dr's office opens. Ugh. Do u think they will look at me funny and think I am being a pansy?! Or will they even give me zofran or just tell me to keep trying everything I am already doing?! Thanks in advance!

Re: Another N/V question

• Options
    I can't guarantee what they will give you for a RX, but it's possible they might give you zofran. Just go in, tell them you're KU, tell them you can't keep anything down, and you heard zofran was the pregnancy wonder drug.
    BFP - March 31st 2013 - MC on April 6th 2013<br>
    BFP - May 11th 2013 - MC on May 15th 2013<br>
    BFP - June 22nd 2013 - MC on June 30th 2013<br>
    BFP - September 2013 - MC September 2013<br>
    BFP - October 31, 2013 - December 17th - found out baby stopped growing at 7wks - natural MC December 20th 2013

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think if you feel this bad going to urgent care is a good idea (and not the ER!) They will probably give you a small supply of a prescription nausea medication and tell you to follow up with your OB.

Hope you feel better soon!
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you call your doctor do they have a nurse line?  My doctor has this and they can contact a doctor for something like this to get a prescription for zofran.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, and I know they have an on-call doc but idk if you get a nurses line first. I really hate using "emergency" type things for something that u wouldn't deem an emergency. I just can't function. Maybe I should just suck it up for a little longer.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I would call the doc on call. If you can't keep liquids down for enough time, that could escalate into dehydration and be more serious. I would think it would save $$  and time to call the doc and get a script, it would take little effort for them to call in a script (IMO). You can't predicted when MS is going to kick it up. I've called other docs on the weekend, regarding my son when he's had illnesses, and they have been really helpful and when I apologized for bothering them, they said it wasn't a big deal.

the on call ppl may be able to advise you on if your call is something the docs would entertain, as well. They've helped me make decisions on whether to put the call through.
    imageimage"">

• Options
    Don't be an idiot. If you can't keep anything down, you're not doing yourself any good by "sucking it up". Call your doctor.

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• Options
    Oh yeah, call the on call doctor first, I completely forgot about that, not thinking here.
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• Options
    Call doc office usually you leave a message and  they call you back (mine does anyway) so you can leave in the message what it's for and that'll make you feel better about using "emergency" line. Easy enough to call in script
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! You were right and I ended up calling the on-call doc. He was very nice thankfully and gave me a rx for zofran. We will see if it helps today! Fx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"