July 2014 Moms
Options

Ultrasound & due date

Just had our first ultrasound yesterday and I've attached a pic of that and my FF chart.

Anyways so they measured me at 7w4d (I was thinking I was 7w1d) and that puts conception on October 21st even though we didn't have sex until two days later on the 23rd.  I don't think FF is right with my ovulation date, I'm thinking the 24th but what do you think?  I know a couple days either way on a due date isn't important but I'm bored so what say you July '14? 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Ultrasound & due date

• Options
    FF is right for me. Babies grown faster than others. I have a friend who had her due date with her first DD changed about 3 or 4 times... I wouldn't put much clout in it. :)
    BFP - March 31st 2013 - MC on April 6th 2013<br>
    BFP - May 11th 2013 - MC on May 15th 2013<br>
    BFP - June 22nd 2013 - MC on June 30th 2013<br>
    BFP - September 2013 - MC September 2013<br>
    BFP - October 31, 2013 - December 17th - found out baby stopped growing at 7wks - natural MC December 20th 2013

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I tried thinking about this and my brain started to hurt so I stopped.

My US also showed me 2 or 3 days ahead, but she went with my LMP.
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    dlsexton said:
    I tried thinking about this and my brain started to hurt so I stopped. My US also showed me 2 or 3 days ahead, but she went with my LMP.
    :)  I don't understand why some doctors go by LMP after having a dating US.  If I went by my LMP I would be almost 10 weeks along which I'm clearly not. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I think my OB goes by LMP unless the dating usound shows more than 7 days difference... then they go by the usound due date going forward.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This, my cycles were wonky and my due date using LMP was 5 days different than my dating u/s, so they are going with the dating u/s. As said previously NBD, in fact using due dates is silly, it should really be a due week, given you don't automatically pop on your due date.
    True. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with FF as far as O. There's really no information on your chart that would make me consider otherwise. Clearly, it's ridiculous to go by LMP because of your long cycle.

Sometimes babies have growth spurts or grow a little faster or slower than others. You're way overthinking this.

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• Options
    yurmomyurmom member
    edited November 2013

dlsexton said:

I tried thinking about this and my brain started to hurt so I stopped.

My US also showed me 2 or 3 days ahead, but she went with my LMP.

:)  I don't understand why some doctors go by LMP after having a dating US.  If I went by my LMP I would be almost 10 weeks along which I'm clearly not. 

I think she did because I have pretty much "textbook" cycles...about 28 days and O on day 13-15. Plus it was only a couple days off if I recall.
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• Options
    Cheekers2010Cheekers2010 member
    edited November 2013
    Just had our first ultrasound yesterday and I've attached a pic of that and my FF chart.

Anyways so they measured me at 7w4d (I was thinking I was 7w1d) and that puts conception on October 21st even though we didn't have sex until two days later on the 23rd.  I don't think FF is right with my ovulation date, I'm thinking the 24th but what do you think?  I know a couple days either way on a due date isn't important but I'm bored so what say you July '14? 

I don't want to get on my soap box. Or, maybe I do. But, a couple of days does make a difference. Especially if you have a doctor who is prone to inducing early, etc. Say you're like me and are looking at likely induction at 39 weeks. You better believe I want my "due date" to accurately reflect my chart. It is especially stupid for a doctor to insist on a due date that is impossible given when op DtD. Immaculate conception anyone?
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    I have been using my ovulation date when calculating a due date. I believe it was 11/5/13. My cycles have always been long and irregular. Can't wait to see what the doctor says after we have an u/s though!
  • Options
    Agree. It's really an estimate. I'd save the splitting hairs with your OB re: your due date until you are 41 weeks, if you make it that far.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think you're way overthinking...however I do understand the point of if you're induced. Last pregnancy it was decided early on I'd be induced at 39weeks for medical reasons in that case I'd guess it would have more of an effect, so maybe if it were the case you could request induction at like 39 plus 2 days if it made you feel better.

I personally wouldn't stress over those days. I pick an OB because I trust her and her knowledge.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Most people don't deliver on their actual die date anyways, so try not wrap your head around it. It just adds stress if you haven't delivered by that sacred day. Last time I went with ,"I'm due early July" when people asked. My DD was three days late, but no big deal.
  • Options
    Meh. Its a few days.  I personally don't believe that a few days will make a difference when you're 40+ weeks.  My EDD is the 30th of July based on a 26 day cycle.  My doc will most likely give me an August 1 EDD, I'll still tell people I'm due the end of July.
    --------------
    imageimage

M/C: 1/24/2010

Cecelia:11/22/10

CAUTIOUSLY expecting Jace in July August 2014

Old Bumpie, New name 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"