April 2014 Moms

Bathes?

I'm pretty sure every joint in my body aches right now. I already took Tylenol and it really didn't help. Can I get in the bath if I don't make it too hot?

Anyone got an tricks that have helped them? I'm so uncomfortable.

Re: Bathes?

• Yes! You're supposed to keep your heart out of the water but just make sure you don't start feeling hot. Good luck!
    image    image    image    image

• Loading the player...
  • I take baths all the time! So relaxing :)I just make sure it's not too hot and keep my water bottle closer at hand to keep from overheating.
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• kateleestarkateleestar member
    edited November 2013
    I take one or two baths a day... I have arthritis in my back (car accident) and it can't take my arthritis meds while pregnant so.. baths it is! Baby usually sleeps after, lol..

Lilypie Maternity tickers

image  image image

• kateleestar ouch I am sorry.

p.s. I love Wash ;)

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I`m afraid to take baths :/
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage
    Baby# 1 - gone at 6 weeks - Oct 2009
    Baby# 2 ( beloved girl Maria) -stillbirth at 31 weeks - Apr 2013
    Baby# 3 EDD April 2014 - Hope it`s our take home baby

*sorry for grammar mistakes, I learned english pretty much by myself.

• If bath water is right at body temperature, you're fine :-) Get a thermometer and soak it away!
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Why couldn't you? Don't get it too hot. If you start to sweat, you're too hot. If you can't get in right away, it's too hot. Leave your heart/chest out.

Married 2005, DS: 2006, DD: 2008 EDD: 4/16/14- IT'S A GIRL! Scarlett Jean
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've taken a few when my hips or back get too achy. My tub isn't deep enough to submerge myself completely anyway so I just make warm enough to ease the pains but not get me sweaty or raise my temp. I think Epsom salt in the bath is ok as well which also helps with aches or pains. For ladies with high blood pressure or pre-eclampsia issues already, be extra careful. Raising your temp in addition to these problems can put you at a higher risk for stroke.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm with @Bethy84 I love a HOT bath, and pregnancy wont stop me. I did some actual research into some actual scientific papers, and there was no demonstrated risk associated with a hot bath. A hot spa, maybe, because the water is kept at a constant temperature, but a bath cools down very fast, so there isnt the same risk!!!! 

If you feel faint, too hot, or dehydrated, get out, but other than that, enjoy!!!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • I take a bath every night. You're fine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    It's a BOY!!! Can't wait to meet Miles Garrett! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I don't have a bath, but, I do go to the geothermal waters here often. They have them very well temperature regulated. I stick to the ones at body temp. Its glorious :-) And now, its really hard to get hot out there since you're outside and its right around freezing. Some pregnant women here venture in to the hotter ones, but, I'm perfectly content with body temperature. :-D
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • I have taken 2-3 baths a day since before pregnancy( not too hot) and my little man is growing great.
    I find if I don't have one before bed I can't sleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"