April 2014 Moms
Options

Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction

That mixed with RLP and sciatica and I'm having a really difficult time moving. Does anyone use a belt for SPD? I'd like to see if they actually help before I get an rx for one. My mw gave mixed reviews on them. She also suggested seeing a chiropractor which would help with multiple problems- I'm leaning more toward that.

Re: Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction

• Options
    I had it with my first but it was never this bad. I can definitely tell the difference if my joints have stiffened from during or laying down too long. I have a really hard time getting up or using the stairs. Mine also went away shortly after birth. I've been waddling and making faces for too long now, lol.
  • Options
    Sorry no advice just ((hugs)) and FX you find some relief soon.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Serenla said:

Sorry no advice just ((hugs)) and FX you find some relief soon.

Thank you! I'm going to take @mummyofsix's advice. I think a sling will be much more comfortable than a belt! It seems like I'm sleeping in a correct position.
  • Options
    I have it too. My dr suggested water aerobics, maternity belt ( which I had from my sister and just started wearing it) and chiropractor. I'm going to wear the belt for a week and see if it helps and then go to the chiropractor. This sucks!
    Mom to 10 year old DS and 7 year old DD. Twin girls coming soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MegJ17 said:

I have it too. My dr suggested water aerobics, maternity belt ( which I had from my sister and just started wearing it) and chiropractor. I'm going to wear the belt for a week and see if it helps and then go to the chiropractor. This sucks!

Let me know what works for you! Hope you feel better!

• Options
    I was skeptical about seeing a Chiro after I started my hygiene career but it helps so much. I just go when I feel I need it. Have been once since pregnant this time around and hoping to go again soon. Try it it will help
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Go to a physical therapist. They can show you what exercises you can do to help keep your pelvis in place as well as test to see how much out of place it is now before you put the belt on. 
    I went to one after pregnancy when it got to the point I could barely walk and I so so so wish I had gone sooner. My pelvis was shifted completely apart and I was shearing ligaments. I got the belt my therapist recommended- you can make it really nice and tight and would put it on after my exercises. It helped some, I don't know if it was worth it but oh man physical therapy was amazing.
    Hope you get relief soon- that all sucks to go through. Hang in there!

• Options

MegJ17 said:

Let me know what works for you! Hope you feel better!

If you find anything let me know too. I tried wearing the belt and it's fine when I'm standing/walking but is very uncomfortable when sitting.
    Mom to 10 year old DS and 7 year old DD. Twin girls coming soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had it with my first and unfortunately it continued after she was born. Now with this baby, it's twice as bad. I can't even move my left leg without a searing pain that feels like I got stabbed. I had the belt with my first and it didn't help at all. The only thing that really helps me is soaking in warm baths. Good luck with everything :) I hope it gets better for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"