April 2014 Moms

@GeorgiaWife12

@georgiawife12 I was wondering how you and your DH were doing re: the break in. Have the authorities been able to recover anything that was stolen? I have been thinking about you guys and if you posted an update I missed it!

I hope it is okay that I post this here.
March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: @GeorgiaWife12

• @AprilMay thanks for the tip! Our adjustor also recommended that so we will definitely be doing it from now on. We've learned a lot from this haha. The only thing about credit card statements is that it shows how much you spent at a store, but there is no way to show what you bought for that amount. A lot of stores keep electronic records of things (like Apple and Best Buy, or any other store that has a similar rewards program) so we have been able to recover receipts for at least some of the "big ticket" items. We are hoping that if we have a good portion of them they will just accept the rest without receipts. 

We are also hoping that they get caught soon. I mean, they are pretty ballsy to keep using the same car and MO over and over... they have to screw up eventually, right?!

• Loading the player...
  • If you have the pictures do you still need receipts? Just for my information.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • GeorgiaWife12GeorgiaWife12 member
    edited November 2013
    If you have the pictures do you still need receipts? Just for my information.

I think they would still maybe ask for them. But then again I'm not sure. The receipts are to show proof of ownership so I guess if you have pictures of the items in your house that could be proof?

ETA: I suck at spelling today, apparently.

• Sisimama10Sisimama10 member
    edited November 2013
    You could technically take pictures of the things in other peoples home and say it was yours so you would probably still need receipts. I've heard about taking pictures before in case of fire too. I think the pictures are for additional proof as well as to help you remember all your belongings.
  • Ugh, how frustrating that they still haven't been caught. :( But I am glad that you were able to get your home back in order! That in itself must be a relief.

I have no idea who would hold onto receipts for months or years! Surely there must be a way to be reimbursed without them or ways to work around in like PP are discussing. I highly doubt that a majority of their customers still have all those receipts!

Thank you for the update! Still many hugs and FX for you while you are dealing with it all!
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Glad you guys are doing ok!
    Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • Ugh, how frustrating that they still haven't been caught. :( But I am glad that you were able to get your home back in order! That in itself must be a relief. I have no idea who would hold onto receipts for months or years! Surely there must be a way to be reimbursed without them or ways to work around in like PP are discussing. I highly doubt that a majority of their customers still have all those receipts! Thank you for the update! Still many hugs and FX for you while you are dealing with it all!

It is definitely nice to have the house back to normal. Makes getting the rest of our lives back in order a lot easier. We have gotten a lot of the receipts for the newer items but some of the older stuff we don't even remember where we bought it. Our adjuster seems pretty nice so hopefully he will go easy on us.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"