Trying to Get Pregnant

Clear blue ovulation predictor problems

My husband and I have been trying for 10 months. I have been on Clomid for 3 moths now. My OBG raised me to 100mg this month. I did the ovulation tests and the first two days I tested were negative, then I had 10 days with a flashing smiley face for high fertility. I ran out of tests so I didn't get a chance to test this morning. Has anyone experienced this? According to the box, you should have 2-3 high fertility days then ovulate. Does that mean I didn't ovulate? Or could the Clomid be affecting the results? The same thing happened to me a few months ago when I wasn't on Clomid, and I had 6 days of high fertility and then on day 7 the test was negative, so I just assumed I didn't ovulate that month.

Re: Clear blue ovulation predictor problems

• Oh boy...

You shouldn't do Clomid through an OB. They don't monitor it closely enough. Have you had ultrasounds and bloodwork throughout your cycle to ensure the Clomid is not over stimulating your ovaries? Taking Clomid unmonitored can cause you more problems and even lower your chances of getting pregnant down the road.

Run from your OB. Today.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I do not have infertility coverage so I am doing it through my OBG because at this time it is too expensive through a fertility center. I was on Clomid for my first child through a fertility center and unfortunately made me "uninsurable" when I became a stay at home and tried to get new insurance. My OBG did bloodwork the first two months but skipped this month because it was again running $500 per bloodwork and he said my progesterone levels were raised enough to get pregnant and ovulate. I have not had any ultrasounds. I met with the fertility center I went to 5 years ago and am working on financing for next month. I also started spotting last night and my period is not due for another week and a half.
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband and I have been trying for 10 months. I have been on Clomid for 3 moths now. My OBG raised me to 100mg this month. I did the ovulation tests and the first two days I tested were negative, then I had 10 days with a flashing smiley face for high fertility. I ran out of tests so I didn't get a chance to test this morning. Has anyone experienced this? According to the box, you should have 2-3 high fertility days then ovulate. Does that mean I didn't ovulate? Or could the Clomid be affecting the results? The same thing happened to me a few months ago when I wasn't on Clomid, and I had 6 days of high fertility and then on day 7 the test was negative, so I just assumed I didn't ovulate that month.

**siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"