3rd Trimester

Feeling dry/dehydrated?

I am 32+ weeks and ever since we turned the heat on in our house I have been feeling completely dry. (Nose, throat, mouth, lips etc.) I got a humidifier for my bedroom, have been using saline nasal spray, and lip gloss. With all of that I am still finding no relief. I also make sure to force myself to drink plenty of water through out the day. I don't typically have this problem, so I was wondering if this is pregnancy related or if any of you have had this problem and found a solution?

Re: Feeling dry/dehydrated?

• I feel pretty dehydrated these days, too. I kind of think about it in an abstract sense, like my body needs to divert a lot of moisture/hydration to the giant bag of water surrounding the baby. And maybe that doesn't leave a lot left over for the rest of me.

Keep doing what you're doing - drink water! The only other guidance I would mention would be to stay away from salty/high-sodium foods, which we should all be doing anyway. :)
  • I feel the exact same. I have no idea why.
  • Loading the player...
  • same here.  I'm not sure if its the heater or the cold dry air outside.
  • it may be because of the cold , dry weather...just remember to always keep hydrated....if water is something that isnt working...always drink apple juice, and consume plenty of liquids....
    Mom of 4 plus one more!!!!
  • It is definitely the pregnancy. I noticed my lips are chapped and contact lenses dried out more quickly now. It is because your body is diverting any fluids towards the baby. Weird, right? You would think that since we are drinking gallons of water each day that this wouldn't happen, but it does :-)
    And then there were three...

• Same here, and I get wayyy to hot!
    imagePregnancy Ticker

• I often gauge hydration on the colour of my pee.  If it's nearly clear then I know I am drinking enough water, the more yellow the less hydrated you are.  So even if I think I'm drinking enough water, I use my pee as a gauge.  
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm in the same boat I drink so much water I can't stop peeing and I'm still thirsty. One thing that helps me is to turn the heat down a few degrees and put on an extra layer. The less the forced hot air heat runs the better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"